Contribute
Register

macOS 10.12.5 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Autoupdated on my rig by accident! Woke up to disabled Nvidia graphics. Installed Lilu.kext
IntelGraphicsFixup.kext installed new Nvidia drivers and Cuda, rebooted. All is well :)

Ugh!

THese web drivers just won't stick. It keeps defaulting to the OSX Generic drivers.

The weird thing is...it reboots at gIOScreenLockState stage then it proceeds to boot but then the Nvidia graphics still default to OSX Generic.

:mad:

First i got a black screen after installing the Nvidia Driver but after Patching the Black Screen Fix everything is working perfectly fine! :)

I bit the bullet and updated a clone of Sierra 10.12.4 today. I was expecting to either have a Kernel panic or boot to a black screen without using Lilu.kext and IntelGrphicsFixup.kext...
Interestingly I had no issues at all... clean install no need for the kexts or AGDP 1.3 to be reinstalled.

I've posted more details here if you're interested - Credit to 2 port patch and patching work all @RehabMan Thanks..

Last edited:
All went well here.

>installed Nvidia fixup and lilu kext to /library/extentions as per instructions.
>updated without a hitch.
>I use 17.1 and this was my first update with this system def. Didn't need any black screen fix.

I disabled inject nvidia and noticed the boot logo doesn't glitch anymore.
No noticeable graphic differences from previous version.

I updated and rebooted using Rehabman's NVMe script added to config.plist so I could install the new NVIDIA drivers. While there I created the HackrNVMeFamily kept with spoofing, added it to Clover/Kexts/Other (removed old version) and left the IONVMeFamily.kext where it was in S/L/E

Now when I try to boot I get the following:
IMG_1912.JPG
Then seconds later this:
IMG_1911.JPG

Any ideas?

I updated and rebooted using Rehabman's NVMe script added to config.plist so I could install the new NVIDIA drivers. While there I created the HackrNVMeFamily kept with spoofing, added it to Clover/Kexts/Other (removed old version) and left the IONVMeFamily.kext where it was in S/L/E

Now when I try to boot I get the following:
View attachment 257442
Then seconds later this:
View attachment 257441

Any ideas?

Looks like you didn't implement the class-code spoof properly.
Read here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...h-ionvmefamily-using-class-code-spoof.210316/

Also, keep in mind that if you have FakeSMC.kext installed to to the system volume and config.plist/SystemParameters/InjectKexts=Detect (both typical), kexts you put in EFI/Clover/kexts are ignored.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back