Contribute
Register

macOS 10.12.5 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi my audio doesn't work after I updated to 10.12.5

I have a Conexant 20617 codec, in a Lenovo Thinkpad E430 laptop. The audio was working fine up until the update. I now have no audio devices in System Preferences.

Edit: I've read that this isn't a help thread. I am new to the forum so could someone direct me to the best place to find help for this particular issue?

Hi my audio doesn't work after I updated to 10.12.5

I have a Conexant 20617 codec, in a Lenovo Thinkpad E430 laptop. The audio was working fine up until the update. I now have no audio devices in System Preferences.

Edit: I've read that this isn't a help thread. I am new to the forum so could someone direct me to the best place to find help for this particular issue?

https://www.tonymacx86.com/forums/sierra-laptop-support.188/

Intel HD 5xx/6xx Graphics (Skylake & Kabylake) users:

There are changes to the new 10.12.5 Intel graphics drivers which may cause black screen or hang on boot. If you can't boot to desktop after updating, uncheck Inject Intel in Clover boot menu under Options/Graphics Injector/Inject Intel:

When you reach the desktop, install the following kexts to /Library/Extensions using KextBeast:

Lilu.kext
IntelGraphicsFixup.kext

You may also install the kexts before you update. The addition of these kexts should allow you to boot- we are looking into using Clover's KextstoPatch for a permanent solution.

Please post a reply if this has/hasn't worked for your system. :thumbup:

Source:
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/322239-pre-release-macos-sierra-10125/page-3#entry2418219

Thanks for the amazing guide. I Did it and all my graphics problems were solves

Finally got a fresh install to work on a Samsung 950 Pro last night but after installing Web Drivers, I can't boot from the SSD since it reboots at the IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState error.

Is it because Nvidia has not updated the drivers yet?

Last edited:
Worked without any problems, just had one boot fail after the update had to restart using the power button and after that had to install the new Nvidia drivers and everything else works perfectly.

Mainboard: Gigabyte 170x Gaming 7
Graphics: Gainward Nvidia 1060 6GB
CPU: I7 6700k
Ram: Corsair Ballistix Sport DDR4 16GB

Clean install required. I don't even think the macOS 10.12 installer will install over a later version.
I don't know why you would want to take a step back though...
Just try to save all the settings I already have as upgrading from 10.12.4 to 10.12.5 fail..... :(

So far clean install do not change intel 530 graphic behaviour. Same problem in new install 10.12.4. So it seams there is no step back. Moreover in my asrock mini itx adding two kext mentioned caused kernel panic in a loop.
Right now only one solution works for me - fake id graphic 12345678 , which I changed permanently in config. Of course system is not as fast as before and graphic much slower.

HFSPlus-64.efi is a driver extracted from Apple firmware. VBoxHFS-64.efi is an open source driver.
The open source driver is selected by default in Clover.

It still doesn't make sense for the Clover installer to delete a file I've manually placed there.

I just had a look and I already have VBoxHfs-64.efi in EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI so I just tried deleting HFSPlus.efi and rebooting and the option to boot into my macOS partition disappeared from Clover entirely. So I seem to require this file for some reason.

EDIT: Looks like after renaming HFSPlus.efi to HFSPlus-64.efi Clover no longer deletes it.

Last edited:
Just discovered that lilu.kext is responsible for KP in my hackintosh. 10.12.5 is actually working but still graphic is slow. It is strange that Mac indicates HD530 8MB and correct id 0x1920000, when in config I have changed. to 12345678. Is any new fix for HD 530?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back