Contribute
Register

macOS 10.12.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I run a setup with a Xeon CPU and a Maxwell-based gtx980

I was wondering if I can simply update and after reboot update my nvidia driver or if I will kill my installation due no driver support? Since I use a Xeon CPU I can't use and internal gpu or something like that if something goes wrong...

Fastest App Store update so far in under 5 minutes, including download. Had to run AGDPfix as usual after installing the updated Nvidia display driver, but that was to be expected.

One strange issue I've had since 10.12.2, a 15-20 second black screen after the initial progress bar, before it drops me into the MacOS login screen, nothing that stops me from using my machine, but curious if anyone else has experienced this. Note that this does not appear to be the same black screen issue that's being addressed with the AGDPfix as outlined here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solving-nvidia-driver-install-loading-problems.161256/

So I run a setup with a Xeon CPU and a Maxwell-based gtx980

I was wondering if I can simply update and after reboot update my nvidia driver or if I will kill my installation due no driver support? Since I use a Xeon CPU I can't use and internal gpu or something like that if something goes wrong...

I don't see why you couldn't. I use a Xeon and my GT 740 requires the web drivers too. I simply updated from the App Store, rebooted, and upon rebooting Nvidia Driver Manager informed me that a driver update was available. I installed it and rebooted and was back up to full speed. :) HOWEVER, make sure you have a good backup to cover your behind before updating. :)

Tom

I updated via ComboUpdate from 10.12.0 to 10.12.3... My Computer starts and boot until it reach the Login-screen. After login (type PW and enter) it hangs. Can anybody help me!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    205.3 KB · Views: 212
Z77-DS3H rev 1.1:
  • cloned drive using latest CC
  • booted from the clone attached to USB to make sure the clone was bootable and good
  • rebooted from regular HD
  • installed update from downloaded Combo Update
  • rebooted to 10.12.3
  • wrote this post

I updated via ComboUpdate from 10.12.0 to 10.12.3... My Computer starts and boot until it reach the Login-screen. After login (type PW and enter) it hangs. Can anybody help me!

@KnoGo My guess is that the system is unable to access the user account. After an update this could easily be permission related. Have had this happen once or twice before on genuine Macs. The screen shot would indicate that you are operating the machine from a single user account with admin privileges. I would recommend setting up an admin account and a separate user account.

It’s a safety strategy, in that operating as a user without admin privileges, I am alerted to process that need admin permissions and can abort them if I am suspicious about the activity. This has saved my bacon more than once. It also allows the possibility to "trouble shoot" by logging into a different "clean" account when not able to log in to the regular user account.

I also keep a separate emergency SSD which allows me to boot up my machine and rerun the update file, which has resolved situations like this in the past. Good to have a backup.

Successful update via App Store.
The first part was fast, it took a while to finish installing after the reset. Once I login the nvidia drivers popup, updated it and everything is working the same as before.
Z97X-UD3H, i7 4790K, GTX 970.

First time when I got error message. Updated via Apple Store. Any ideas?
I fixed it with UniBeast USB stick and Multibeast. Now it`s OK.

Fastest App Store update so far in under 5 minutes, including download. Had to run AGDPfix as usual after installing the updated Nvidia display driver, but that was to be expected.

One strange issue I've had since 10.12.2, a 15-20 second black screen after the initial progress bar, before it drops me into the MacOS login screen, nothing that stops me from using my machine, but curious if anyone else has experienced this. Note that this does not appear to be the same black screen issue that's being addressed with the AGDPfix as outlined here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solving-nvidia-driver-install-loading-problems.161256/

Same issue here since 10.12.2

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ors-slow-to-appear.209763/page-2#post-1428073

I thought id fixed it with the multibeast setting, (see second to last post) I had 10 reboots which were all quick, I left the machine for half an hour or so, rebooted and it went back to how it was before (20-25 seconds of black), I've now added the FakeSMC HW Monitor Kext from multibeast to see if that helps, first reboot was fine...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back