Contribute
Register

macOS 10.12.2 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update works flawlessly. Nothing need to repatch.
Thx a lot :)

I was really trepidatious about updating because I was not looking forward to repatching (I did not take notes the first time I got things working - my bad). Turns out my fear was unfounded as the update from MAS went without a hitch, and I only needed to update my Nvidia Web driver before I was back up and running like before.

upload_2016-12-16_22-33-53.png

Can't boot after update... Who can help me?

I upgraded my MSI GTX770 lightning to a MSI RX480 GamingX (8gb) and it works like a charm !

* Did a fresh install of 10.12.2 using UniBeast.
* Installed latest version of clover
* Modified clover's config.plist with following options
* ACPI: FixDisplay = true
* Devices: Fake ID - ATI - 0x67FF1002
* Graphics: Inject Intel and Inject AMD
* Reboot to bios, set IGPU primary (beware that you will be booting blind until OS X has been loaded, unless you connect a monitor to your internal graphics card)

Et voila, hardware accelerated OS X, no monitors connected to my iGPU, even the name is recognized in Sierra due to some recent patches in clover.

So, no need to patch the AMDRadeanX4100.kext, Fake ID let's the driver think you have have a compatible GPU installed.

Stability wise: GREAT! Been running for two days now and intensively using it for work, (dev, indesign and photoshop), Did a quick test with heaven, did not crash and 0 problems whatsoever. Sleep / resume is also working!

System: gigabyte z77-ds3h - Intel i5 3570k - MSI RX480 Gaming X

Hope this helps someone questioning if RX480 is working or not.

Screen Shot 2016-12-17 at 13.19.58.png

Last edited:
Hi guys,

updated from the App Store and after updating the Nvidia drivers, everything looked fine.
Then I put it to sleep: it goes to sleep but wakes up after 1-2 seconds (Wake on LAN disabled, no network connections).

Booted from my just-backed-up partition (same disk), with the same configuration under 10.12.1 and the sleep problem is not there - hence I conclude that something on the new install may have broken it.
Any ideas?
--
Gigabyte z170X Designare, i7 6700K, Gigabyte 980Ti

I upgraded my MSI GTX770 lightning to a MSI RX480 GamingX (8gb) and it works like a charm !

* Did a fresh install of 10.12.2 using unibeast.
* Installed latest version of clover
* Modified clover's config.plist with following options
* ACPI: FixDisplay = true
* Devices: Fake ID - ATI - 0x67FF1002
* Graphics: Inject Intel and Inject AMD
* Reboot to bios, set IGPU primary (beware that you will be booting blind until OSX has been loaded, unless you connect a monitor to your internal graphics card)

Et voila, hardware accelerated OSX, no monitors connected to my iGPU, even the name is recognised in Sierra due to some recent patches in clover.

So, no need to patch the AMDRadeanX4100.kext, Fake ID let's the driver think you have have a compatible gpu installed.

Stability wise: GREAT! Been running for two days now and intensively using it for work, (dev, indesign and photoshop), Did a quick test with heaven, did not crash and 0 problems whatsoever. Sleep / resume is also working!

System: gigabyte z77-ds3h - intel i5 3570k - MSI RX480 GamingX

Hope this helps someone questioning if RX480 is working or not.

View attachment 225499

Sounds great! I'm quite new to the scene is it possible to show some screen grabs in the clover modiifer of exactly where and what you entered? I tried modifying the config.plist in a text editor and fudged it.

I also upgraded to 10.12.2 via AppStore. All is OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back