Contribute
Register

macOS 10.12.2 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I installed the update and I had problems with the video, after the beta nvidia drivers I restarted and my monitor had no signal... I installed the apdgfix and I fixed it

As usual an update without problems. Audio came back after a restart.
Thanks guys!

Updated from the Store. Not one problem. Easiest update so far.

Easiest update! Nothing broke. Apple watch unlock still doesn't work and there still seems to be handoff issue that I had from the beginning.

Upgraded using the Apple Store only issue was I had to disable
AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext and AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementClient.kext
Expected that considering it needed to be done initially on this system and updates undo it.

other than that all is well !

I just discovered that my front USB 3 are not working. The USB3 on the back of the case are fine, any one have any ideas what could be wrong. thanks for any help.

Got the RX 480 working again, full acceleration, Metal support and Safari/video are working as before.
To get it running I followed the same procedure as on 10.12/10.12.1: Edit /System/Library/Extensions/AMDRadeonX4100.kext to include "0x67DF0000" for the Baffin frame buffer, rebuild kextcache and reboot.
To have "AMD RX 480" instead of "AMD R9 xxx" reported in "About this Mac", one can edit /System/Library/Extensions/AMD9500Controller.kext/Contents/MacOS/AMD9500Controller using a hex editor, simply search for "R9 xxx" and replace it with "RX 480", takes effect after rebooting.

Unfortunately, if you had audio patched using MultiBeast and/or audio_cloverALC-120_v1.0d.command, you will have to do that again after rebuilding the kext cache.

EDIT: Somehow, RX 480 behaves slightly different now. Prior to the update and reenabling, I had to connect the display to iGPU and after login unplug it and replug it into the RX 480, otherwise it would hang at 90% of the boot up progress bar, unfortunately after replugging the display macOS would always detect 2 displays (with the non-existent one at 800x600), which was annoying because sometimes windows would open on the non-existing display meaning there was no way to interact with them.
However, now I can boot with the display connected to the RX 480 with black screen and graphics will come up once the login screen appears. So, slightly good news, I guess :)
is the device id "0x67DF0000" or "0x67D01002" in the video I saw some other id please clarify

I've updated 10.12.2 I upgraded well nvidia gt710 to restart it remains black screen and mouse pointer, I tried to start -v -x but nothing, can you help me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back