Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Well a little more than a year ago, I joined this awesome commmunity. When I started I was a Hackintosh noob. After I sold my original Mac Pro I wanted to get a another one but couldn't afford it. I looked at the OSx86 scene and was turned off by distributions. In late 2009 I found the LifeHacker article on building a Hackintosh using the retail disc and started researching. I found tonymacx86's post on insanelymac talking about iBoot and I started reading his blog to learn more. After researching his blog and joining the forum I dove in head first with my 1st build, viewtopic.php?f=54&t=3219.

After making typical noob mistakes I was successful and started hanging out in the forum. One of the 1st thinking that annoyed me in my build was the Unknown AHCI Controller in System Profiler. I started researching solutions and wasn't happy with what I found. I then looked at them and decided I could make it better. Hence my JMicron36xSATA and JMicron36xeSATA kexts. Then tonymac and I decided to tackle the JMicron ATA issues and I created my JMicron36xATA using the driver I found on JMicron's site and enhancing it to support all JMicron ATA controllers.

At this point the lostswede asked me if I was interested in helping out on the forum as a Moderator and other things. tonymac was working on the original MultiBeast 0.9 and I started helping him out by testing and providing feedback. I don't remember when but I took over the design and building. The two of us restructured MultiBeast and created version 1.0. Since then we have restructed it twice more, 2.0 and finally with 3.0.

I also started helping tony edit DSDT's for the database. When looking at what he had I decided to see what was missing and what wasn't need. Hence http://macmanx86.blogspot.com/2010/06/n ... abyte.html.

Next I decided to tackle socket 1366 systems and built my second system viewtopic.php?f=54&t=6354. I then tacked the DSDT for these systems http://macmanx86.blogspot.com/2010/11/m ... ocket.html.

Late last year I went back and looked at what I had done for the Legacy8xxHDA kexts to create one for the ALC892. I then realized I could create one unified kext instead of many multiple ones. So we now have ALC8xxHDA http://macmanx86.blogspot.com/2010/12/n ... audio.html.

In between these numerous projects I was continuing to help users on the forum and being the bad cop. I did a quick search and found that I posted 101 times on piracy, 156 times on distributions and moved 91 posts to the correct forum. I also passed tonymac's post count.

It's taken a while to write this as I started a new full time job recently and haven't been around much other then help moving the site twice to new hosting providers.

So on to post 5,001

:headbang: :headbang: :clap:

Attachments

• mm.png
    mm.png
    20.9 KB · Views: 927
Great job to both of you! I wouldn't have tried this without this website. I'm happy you avoided the piracy route. I joined in March 2010 and read thousands of posts and even changed what I wanted to build a couple of times before I finally went for it in December. It took awhile for me to pull the trigger on building a system but I wanted to make sure I fully understood what I was doing and this site provided many answers and gave me the confidence to build a nice system.

Macman - Good luck with your new job. You're a great asset to this community and I hope you stick around.

I don't think I'll ever get anywhere close to 5000 posts! I've been here almost a year and haven't even made it to 100 yet.

Thanks again to everyone who contributes. Without it there wouldn't be this great community.

Thank you for your hard work...

Rene

Thank You so much. Without this forum, i would have had to tackle the octopus that is insanelymac. I still reference it, but all things hackintosh is explained in greater detail here. Now my house is full of hacks, including an i3 H55m-usb3, i7 P55-UD4P, C2D HTPC and a dual boot Dell 1545 Laptop that scores 1400 Points higher running OSX(32 bit) than in Windows(64 bit)!

Well, I'm about to build my 1st hackintosh this weekend, and I do truly believe I won't have any undoable issues - thanks to this community, and specially some of you...

I would like to slightly change the comment above (@snugglez64: nhf, don't want to make corrections ;) ): you made allready great TonyMacX86's work enjoyable :clap:

I just want to thank you as well! I am very new here and I know I will be using your guide to help me with my first build.

So thank you very much and keep up the great work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back