Motherboard
Maximus Hero X
CPU
I7 8700k
Graphics
GTX970
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm on the the path of patching my samsung 960 Evo, hitting a few bumps along the way but certainly learning.
I have created the kext and installed and am now trying to patch the DSDT which was obtained by F4 on boot, even if I hit the compile button with no changes made to the clean DSDT I am getting 3 errors.

Screen Shot 2017-03-01 at 11.44.49 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-03-01 at 11.45.38 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-03-01 at 11.45.56 PM.png

If anyone can help me shed light on it I'd be massively greatful.

I'm on the the path of patching my samsung 960 Evo, hitting a few bumps along the way but certainly learning.
I have created the kext and installed and am now trying to patch the DSDT which was obtained by F4 on boot, even if I hit the compile button with no changes made to the clean DSDT I am getting 3 errors.

View attachment 239340 View attachment 239341 View attachment 239342

there is a nice guide here about patching DSDT: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/ which may help in your errors, see the part about using refs.txt

View attachment 239340 View attachment 239341 View attachment 239342

Why are you patching DSDT for NVMe?

The "clean" DSDT has errors.
they sometimes do, but using refs.txt can help and also some dsdt patches, but you need to follow "problem reporting"

From the Clover wiki...
Clover offers an option to automatically apply corrections, however it is important to understand that an artificial intelligence was not created yet and that the automatic method is far from being complete. It is better to do the corrections manually.
Once a system is 'finished' you can't beat a clean DSDT. Most of the code OEM tables ask to be evaluated by OSPM is not needed on macOS desktops for a fully working system.

Why are you patching DSDT for NVMe?

I'm attempting to create the SSDT-NVMe-Pcc.aml.
I have the ACPI path of the drive and thought this was the correct way to inject the class-code to use with HackrNVMeFamily*.kext which i've placed in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other & S/L/E.

Am I on the wrong path?

I'm attempting to create the SSDT-NVMe-Pcc.aml.
I have the ACPI path of the drive and thought this was the correct way to inject the class-code to use with HackrNVMeFamily*.kext which i've placed in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other & S/L/E.

Am I on the wrong path?
You need to get the extracted DSDT to compile without errors before editing it. What people are suggesting is that Clover offers (several) methods for injecting device properties and patches on the fly - you can use this to get working ACPI... Also SSDTs that can re-declare e.g. a device (overriding the OEM declaration) to make something work can be injected... And when everything is working, you can make the changes with manual DSDT edits.

Last edited:
You need to get the extracted DSDT to compile without errors before editing it.
Which is the reason for my original post.
And posting the pictures of the referenced lines of code, I don't understand what its not too happy with but maybe someone else does.

To be fair it sounds like your reply's just keep quoting what I've been asking for help with in the first place, I'm fully aware that my clean DSDT appears to have errors and I'm also completely aware that i need to get the extracted DSDT to compile without errors, If you know how to do that then fire away, I'm all ears.

The first screenshot shows a syntax error with the arguments Arg0 Arg1 Arg2 Arg 3 floating around after the Return(). It is possibly meant to be something like Return(SDSM(Arg0,Arg1,Arg2,Arg3)) if SDSM is a method that takes 4 arguments but its impossible to say from a screenshot. You probably want to replace the whole _DSM for the device anyway though?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back