Contribute
Register

Mach_kernel error, even with Unibeast 5.0.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
same problem with me..
Yosemite succesfully installed, restart, loading.. and mach_kernel warning appear..

this is the one and only my machine.. there is no other mac machine, so how can i edit /extra, etc?

Yes i am in exactly the same state as you! except i have a few other windows machines and im dual booting windows on this hackintosh so thats working!

I'm having the same troubles. I keep getting Mach kernel not found error. I used Unibeast 5.0.1 to upgrade my Mavericks. To make matters worse I tried to boot to my backup Mavericks USB drive and I keep getting what looks like a kernel panic. So it looks like I'm boned. :( Anything new would help.

Yes i am in exactly the same state as you! except i have a few other windows machines and im dual booting windows on this hackintosh so thats working!

I got the same problem with Unibeast 5.0.1
my harddisk partitions are like this:
C: (windows)
D: (Data)
E: (MacOS)

For some reason, if I explicitly add the disk partition before the kernel path, i can get past the error. i.e. in the bootloader screen, type:
hd(0,2)/System/Library/Kernels/kernel -v -x

However, I get the common missing ACPI error and I'm struggling with it.
Hope this helps

I got the same problem with Unibeast 5.0.1
my harddisk partitions are like this:
C: (windows)
D: (Data)
E: (MacOS)

For some reason, if I explicitly add the disk partition before the kernel path, i can get past the error. i.e. in the bootloader screen, type:
hd(0,2)/System/Library/Kernels/kernel -v -x

However, I get the common missing ACPI error and I'm struggling with it.
Hope this helps

im sorry im still a noob hackintosher and didnt really get what you meant....
could you rephrase that please?

I was able to get in after installing Yosemite, selecting my USB through the BIOS, actually booting my hard drive, and then resolving the Chimera issue. It only allowed me to get to the desktop once (I wasn't able to reboot) after a new installation, but I made the most of it.

How did you boot your hard drive and then install chimera??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back