Register

Mach_kernel error, even with Unibeast 5.0.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU
i5-4670K
Graphics
GTX 770
Hello, I've been able to install Yosemite on my desktop, but I am not able to restart it without giving me the error "Can't find mach_kernel". I'm able to boot to the desktop after installing it over my existing Mavericks installation, but afterwards, when I try to restart having done everything properly with Multibeast, I get the mach_kernel error. When I type in the boot flag "mach_kernel", it seems like it is going to load up, showing a gray screen with the Apple logo, only to give me a gray symbol with a line through it.

In addition, I used Unibeast 5.0.1 to create my Yosemite USB.

Any ideas on what to do next? I would really appreciate it.

Yea I think your boot partition isn't correctly set. Try this: when installing yosemite, format your hard drive. Do a 1 partition scheme and set it to master boot record (mbr). Then format again to the GUID table. That fixed this issue for me.

Yea I think your boot partition isn't correctly set. Try this: when installing yosemite, format your hard drive. Do a 1 partition scheme and set it to master boot record (mbr). Then format again to the GUID table. That fixed this issue for me.

So do a clean install? I kind of wanted to keep everything I had from Mavericks. How exactly would that method help?

Did you try boot your new Yosemite HDD with -x?
Also, what is your Mac defination? I used iMac14,2 which load fine with me.

I have not tried -x. I will try to and report back. My system definition is Mac Pro 3,1. I'll try it again with iMac 14,2.

I tried iMac 14,2, and it didn't change anything. I also used -x when trying to boot my drive, and it gave me the same circle with a line through it. However, if I used -x when trying to boot my USB, it booted in safe mode to the desktop.

So it turns out my problem was that I needed to update Chimera. Because this is the first major update I've done, I didn't realize I needed to manually do so on my RAID-0 drives. But now all is happy-dandy for me.

So it turns out my problem was that I needed to update Chimera. Because this is the first major update I've done, I didn't realize I needed to manually do so on my RAID-0 drives. But now all is happy-dandy for me.
if you couldnt get in how did you update chimera?

I was able to get in after installing Yosemite, selecting my USB through the BIOS, actually booting my hard drive, and then resolving the Chimera issue. It only allowed me to get to the desktop once (I wasn't able to reboot) after a new installation, but I made the most of it.

I was able to get in after installing Yosemite, selecting my USB through the BIOS, actually booting my hard drive, and then resolving the Chimera issue. It only allowed me to get to the desktop once (I wasn't able to reboot) after a new installation, but I made the most of it.

my problem is it wont even let me in using my usb disk! and i used 5.0.1! i dont know why!

same problem with me..
Yosemite succesfully installed, restart, loading.. and mach_kernel warning appear..

this is the one and only my machine.. there is no other mac machine, so how can i edit /extra, etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back