Contribute
Register

MacBook Air and MacBook Pro Update 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just re-installed on a spare drive, ran the update, it now shows 10.8.2 (12C3012) instead of (12C3006), hmmm... what changed???

There is not much difference. I extracted both with Pacifist and used DiffMerge to compare. /System/Library/Extensions are identical. The package also checks to see if you have 12C3006 already installed and will refused to install 12C3012. The changes appear to be mostly localization in some frameworks.

There is not much difference. I extracted both with Pacifist and used DiffMerge to compare. /System/Library/Extensions are identical. The package also checks to see if you have 12C3006 already installed and will refused to install 12C3012. The changes appear to be mostly localization in some frameworks.

It didn't stop me from updating from 12C3006 to 12C3012, it worked fine.

It didn't stop me from updating from 12C3006 to 12C3012, it worked fine.

Sure, you could force it, but given there are really no changes, I didn't see the point.

I didn't force it, just tried and it worked.

I thought you "reinstalled on a spare drive," which means you started with vanilla (no 12C3006 update) 10.8.2??

Hmmm... maybe I botched my Java script edit...

The only thing I changed was my SMBIOS, I used MacBookPro10,1 then I changed it back to MacPro5,1. Plus, I think there must of been something wrong the prior update for Apple to pull it and then release an updated version. Thats why I tried it on my normal system, so far, so good :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back