NVIDIA GeForce 6200 256 MB
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys,

I have a HP Desktop computer with an Intel Processor and I boot up the computer with all startup priorities to CD-ROM otherwise it just boots up windows, and I insert the iBoot disk and boot up the computer then I take out the disk when it comes up with the red apple and replace it with my OS X installation disk, it thinks and it has a flash of the grey startup screen with apple and loading sign and then the computer reboots and tells me to re-insert the system disk and press enter, its really annoying and I cant do anything nut besides load iBoot up.

Please help me.:crazy::confused::cry:

Hi guys,

I have a HP Desktop computer with an Intel Processor and I boot up the computer with all startup priorities to CD-ROM otherwise it just boots up windows, and I insert the iBoot disk and boot up the computer then I take out the disk when it comes up with the red apple and replace it with my OS X installation disk, it thinks and it has a flash of the grey startup screen with apple and loading sign and then the computer reboots and tells me to re-insert the system disk and press enter, its really annoying and I cant do anything nut besides load iBoot up.

Please help me.:crazy::confused::cry:

madComputerman

Are you sure that the Apple DVD is the Retail version - a retail version has a White cover w the picture of a Snow Leopard on it.
If this DVD is the Grey version then this will not work as this is the restore DVD for a specific model of Apple Mac.
Restore DVD's do not have all of the kexts we need.

Also you have check the HP bios and you have AHCI and HPET enabled as mentioned in the Guide.
http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/04/iboot-multibeast-install-mac-os-x-on.html

As to the HP computer you have, it lists a Pentium CPU this CPU is unsupported for OSX SL. Also the nVidia 6200 gfx hardware is to old for SL. I also believe that this computer has no SATA ports which is needed for SL.
You maybe able to install OSX Leopard which is OSX 10.5.x which we do not support. But infor is on the net for this use Google .

Thanks for getting back to me...

How stupid am I to notice that it doesn't support the Intel Pentium 4 CPU... thing is though it says in the guide

YOU WILL NEED

• A computer running an Intel Processor

But thanks for the reply.

Thanks for getting back to me...

How stupid am I to notice that it doesn't support the Intel Pentium 4 CPU... thing is though it says in the guide

YOU WILL NEED

• A computer running an Intel Processor

But thanks for the reply.

mad...

I believe that is for those that want to use AMD - yes it should be more clear but when it was written their were not to many Intel processors as there are Now. The Guide has not been updated since Sandy Bridge arrived.

SO now that we know I am closing the thread!
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back