Contribute
Register

"Mac OS X can't be installed on this computer." Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
PC
CPU
Intel i7
Graphics
GeForce GTX 670
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey!

So I am using this guide " http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/04/iboot-multibeast-install-mac-os-x-on.html " to install Snow Leopard on my desktop PC using the Asus P8 Z77-V LX motherboard, GeForce GTX 670 GPU, 16GB RAM, and i7 3770k i7 CPU. I keep getting stuck before step 8, I get to the installation screen with the Mac OS X background and GUI, after it asked for the languege, but as the installer loads up with the bar saying "Preparing for Installation...", a dialogue box pops up stating that "Mac OS X can't be installed on this computer. If you want to restore your system from a Time Machine backup, click 'Restore from Backup'." and giving me two options to restore from back up and restart. I tried al the tips "If you cannot get to the installation screen, retry from Step 4, type PCIRootUID=1 before hitting enter. If that doesn't work then try PCIRootUID=1 -x or just -x which will enter Mac OS X Safe Mode and will allow you to proceed. For some graphics cards, use GraphicsEnabler=No boot flag to proceed." but none have worked or gotten any farther for me. I am unsure where to troubleshoot on my own terms from here, so if anyone could give me something to test out, that would be great!:silent:

P.s.- I am attempting to install Mac OSx MtnLion and Windows 7 on the same system using multibeast if at all possible.

I watched some of the video tutorial but it seems they are going through the same steps and also, I used the iBoot IvyBridge version for installation, so I don't think this is the issue. I removed my GTX 670 graphics card for installation using my onboard memory, and loaded optimized defaults on my bios just to be sure, and retried... still didn't work.

Are you trying to use a gray Snow Leopard disc? That disk will ONLY work with the hardware it shipped with.

You need to purchase the Snow Leopard retail disc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back