Contribute
Register

MAC OS X boot option after update to 10.10.4 (Clover)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H
CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
GTX 970 SSC
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I update to 10.10.4 (Clover) , and then when i check my bios boot options I noticed that one option was added, called MAC OS X, as an more option to boot. Can I available to some future issue with this??

2015-07-03 23.33.02.jpg

I update to 10.10.4 (Clover) , and then when i check my bios boot options I noticed that one option was added, called MAC OS X, as an more option to boot. Can I available to some future issue with this??

I'm pretty sure that's the Mac OS X boot loader on real Mac's. I would use your Chimera / clover boot loader boot loaders still instead of the Mac OS X one. You can try it, but I don't think it would work...

Cheers!

-Duncan

I also have this, I have it regardless of which (if any) hard drives are connected and even after a BIOS reset. No other drives are connected to the machine. Is it stored in memory perhaps?

Side-note, I'd like to remove it if possible. I believe it's left from a (failed) clover efi bootloader setup I tried.

I also have this, I have it regardless of which (if any) hard drives are connected and even after a BIOS reset. No other drives are connected to the machine. Is it stored in memory perhaps?

Side-note, I'd like to remove it if possible. I believe it's left from a (failed) clover efi bootloader setup I tried.

That sounded very interesting. Did you try clearing CMOS? I believe the boot option came with OS X Installer from App Store.

Update:

The "Mac OS X" UEFI boot option was added by Clover, not by the Installer. It can be removed manually in Clover.

That sounded very interesting. Did you try clearing CMOS? I believe the boot option came with OS X Installer from App Store.

Update:

The "Mac OS X" UEFI boot option was added by Clover, not by the Installer. It can be removed manually in Clover.

I have same problem as Randomthom. Mac OS X option shows even all internal and external drives are disconnected. I managed to remove this option by re-flashing/update motherboard bios, but i would like to know how can i manually remove from clover? Also after this options shows up, I can't see my installation usb drive in boot menu. Mac OS X option in boot menu does nothing (can't boot into clover), but without going into boot menu clover boots up from usb. FYI my motherboard is Gigabyte B75M-D3H.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back