Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.8 "Mountain Lion" Developer Build Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean... its gotta. Isn't the Ivy Bridge MacPro and iMac confirmed?

No. Announcement(s) at WWDC, maybe.

Bansaku said:
Micky1979 said:
It 's true, however, an iMac is basically just like laptop

Can a laptop reach 3.8GHz and use desktop class GPUs? I see your point, but an iMac is NOT basically a laptop*. They are more akin to a GM Crossover; An Equinox is not quite a Tahoe (yet can house up to an 8.1L V8...like a Tahoe), and it is not quite a Tracker (yes, Suzuki still makes 'em). What an iMac is, is an impressive piece of technology that no one has come close to cloning. :p

*Unless you include those $4000 Falcon gaming laptops that are 2.5" think and have 2 hours of battery life. :p

That's not his point. His point is that an iMac share many thing with a laptop design wise and its a good one at that. If you want to get into semantics then the argument goes both ways. Can an iMac be used on the stairs and taken to work? How about power consumption, the sole reason that iMac's can clock higher. And if there's a power outage....

I'm sure you see the point. His point is the usage of laptop grade parts, slim form factor and a complete lack of expandability (unless you have pockets the size of the grand canyon and don't mind a two week wait without your system everytime you upgrade anything but your RAM) is something we've become accustomed to in Mac land but is certainly not how it should always be. Unfortunately I still think Apple will abolish the Mac Pro and the reality of it is as a professional it irks me to no end, hence my presence here (and probably a lot more of the people here) building a Mac Pro.

Coupz said:
I don't believe that Apple will support USB3 with Mountain Lion, why should they? They have a better technology with double speed.
I agree, but we as we do in the on our future laptop?

.... (Ivy bridge still has the built-in USB3 controller even if Apple does not want to!) :lol:

Apple will have to bend before the USB3:

We must think of all the people who own USB devices, Apple will force all to change everything? I do not think!
At this point, because it does not exploit the integrated USB3 controller, instead of USB2?
Otherwise it would be pointless

Apple will support USB3. It would cost them more not to. Also, they would not be forcing people to update to it, as USB has backwards compatibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back