Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.7.3 Update - The Official Thread (Desktops)

Status
Not open for further replies.
successfully updated to 10.7.3 using the combo update.

before rebooting, I patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext using the patcher from http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=258611&st=280&p=1776257&#entry1776257 and used Multibeast to install ALC8xxHDA, AppleHDA Rollback, and HDA Enabler. Used Kext Wizard to fix permissions and rebuild the kext cache, rebooted, and all is good.

Now i just need to figure out how to get speedstep working on this board.

I updated today as well, but as a bonus swapped SSDs too.

Found that i couldnt do EasyBeast + 10.7.3 in the same round, didnt like it much, so did EasyBeast to get it booting from the new SSD and then 10.7.3 combo update and then HDA rollback.

aFlockOfMoosen said:
SUCCESS.
Minimal effort this time around -- mostly cus i remembered to delete the Sleepenabler the first time :p

Replaced with the current Sleepenabler(linked) and all is well!

http://code.google.com/p/xnu-sleep-enab ... p&can=2&q=

Also, does this SleepEnabler work with Z68 boards and not having the clear CMOS issue?

Thanks for all tips. Installed combo update, did appleHDA rollback with multi-beast, and replaced Nav50 kext with one from time machine(7.2), repaired permissions and all is working perfectly

Why actually is it that OSX Lion is harder to run on a hackintosh than Snow Leopard is?
Or is that just a false rumor?

I would like to update my installation to Lion, though I'm not sure how smart it would be in this case...

Tried the apple update - nogo
messed everything up - grey screen
got the combined update and burned to dvd.
moved data to windows 7 HDD's
booted with rboot -erased and did a clean install of 10.7
everything worked without Multibeast!
updated with combined and ran multibeast before reboot. NOGO!
zeroed drive
new install of 10.7 - ran multibeast (weird thing is that Easybeast ruins network allready working?!?) ran multibeast network and audio and
used the combines updater without Multibeast again
Nice system running but no SLEEP

Hello ! I am currently running Mac OS X Lion 10.7.2 and i'm a newbie at this. Right now, everything works except sleep.

Every time i try to update to 10.7.3, it installs itself, and after that it asks for restart, it resets itself, and then it gets stuck on the loading circle with the grey screen. I tried from software update, combo update, they all do the same.

Is the 10.7.3 really worth it over the 10.7.2 ? Also, any tips on making the sleep work? (for a newb please)

My current rig is :
Asus P5Q
Intel Q9550
ATI HD4850 512mb
4 gb ram ddr2

born2rule said:
Hello ! I am currently running Mac OS X Lion 10.7.2 and i'm a newbie at this. Right now, everything works except sleep.

Every time i try to update to 10.7.3, it installs itself, and after that it asks for restart, it resets itself, and then it gets stuck on the loading circle with the grey screen. I tried from software update, combo update, they all do the same.

Is the 10.7.3 really worth it over the 10.7.2 ? Also, any tips on making the sleep work? (for a newb please)

My current rig is :
Asus P5Q
Intel Q9550
ATI HD4850 512mb
4 gb ram ddr2

After the install is complete, make sure you run System Utilities via Multibeast before you restart.

born2rule said:

My current rig is :
Asus P5Q
Intel Q9550
ATI HD4850 512mb
4 gb ram ddr2

I recently updated to 10.7.3 and it went well, but my hack stopped sleeping on it's own.
I found this fix on another thread and it has worked great for me.
I installed Pleasesleep.
http://www.dragonone.com/products/macosx/pleasesleep/

Update went good, no kp but lost ps2 mouse support. I think its stable on my hackintosh as I can overclock & run very intensive apps live vmware fusion with no kp

*solved:

hi there

been mostly successful with the update: Unluckily I was too quick with the update and missed the chance to apply AppleHDArollback and Audio driver setup before reboot. My main board user guide says the chip used is an ALC889 chip. In the hardware overview I only get 2 Intel High-Def sound devices (ID 885). I assume they're on the Intel chipset itself...
I have tried to run AppleHDA rollback and ALC8xx Kext installation using Multibeast 4.1.0 and 4.2.1 several times. I have also tried running them and afterwards before rebooting running System Utilities.
For some reason I still have not got my sound back...

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thx

* After reading this (viewtopic.php?f=16&t=26486&start=0) post and following the very first suggestion I succeeded as well... so I did NOT use AppleHDArollback...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back