Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.7.3 Update - The Official Thread (Desktops)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Success! Steps I took:

1. Cloned drive with CCC
2. Download combo 10.7.3 update
3. Installed combo update
4. BEFORE RESTARTING, Ran MultiBeast w/ settings:
a. System Utilities
b. ALCxxHDA and AppleHDA Rollback
c. Lnx2Mac (just precautionary)
5. Restarted with successful boot to 10.7.3
6. Repaired permissions with MultiBeast
7. Installed toleda's 889 AppleHDA kext with KextBeast
8. Repaired permissions once again with MultiBeast and ran Kext Utility
9. Restart
10. Successful boot with no issues thus far on 10.7.3

- GA Z68x-UD3H-B3 (rev 1.3) Running F10 BIOS
- GTX460

Definitely took too many steps here, but I figured better safe than sorry.

Attachments

• 1073ss.tiff
    118 KB · Views: 287
Keep those success stories comin! Thanks to everyone who's participated so far in this thread! :mrgreen:

Updated to 10.7.3. Until 10.7.2 the "Official Realtek 2.0.6" driver did work, but it could not communicate with a Time-Capsule over AFP. I now could remove RealtekRTL81xx.kext, as the TimeMachine Application of 10.7.3 does work without problem with the plugin "Official Realtek 2.0.6" driver. Some posts early this morning did say that you will get KP with RealtekRTL81xx.kext, so I did remove it from /S/L/E before the upgrade to 10.7.3.

Thx Tony for your nice work :)

Had to reinsert the line 0x68be1002 in ati5000controller.kext to get my Radeon 5750 working. Otherwise a flawless update as far as I can tell.

GIGABYTE GA-Z68XP-UD3
Intel Core i7-2600K Processor (overclocked to 4.6 GHz, air-chilled using Cooler Master)
XFX HD-687A-ZDFC Radeon HD 6870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP
Refurbished Apple LED Cinema Display (27" Mini DisplayPort)

Hi, all,

My CustoMac is essentially one of the Sandy Bridge recommended builds:
http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/11/building-sandy-bridge-customac-buyers.html

Because I'm using the Cinema display for (USB) audio, I don't need to modify any audio extensions. I simply downloaded the update via Software Update and everything went smoothly.

Sweet!

I updated to 10.7.3 this morning, and since I updated I'm having a graphical glitch when moving things on the desktop.

I screencasted the glitch, here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rREz8Qf8hwA

What do you think it could be?

Everything is working except for that! Thank you so much TonyMac!! :headbang:

tonymacx86 said:
Keep those success stories comin! Thanks to everyone who's participated so far in this thread! :mrgreen:
I have the same motherboard you use in your mac mini with the same processor - I can't get Unibeast further than KP with the 10.7.3 edition and this is going to be a clean install. I get the spinning wheel error on HDMI and on VGA connection. When I tried to install Snow Leopard using your guide.

So I am the only one with no more TRIM support? How can I fix it? Multibeast 4.2.1 keeps saying installation failed and in system report it says TRIM support: no.

Success! DL'd the combo update and repaired permissions with MultiBeast.

The only issue is that I needed to edit S/L/E AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext again to get hardware acceleration from my GTX 280.

Thank you Tonymac!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back