Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.7.2 Update - The Official Thread (Desktops)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Works with Combo update from the Apple web site .
I just reinstall audio.

Can someone help me? Here is my hardware:
CPU: Intel Core i3-2105 with Intel HD 3000 Graphics
GPU: None necessary (it's integrated with the CPU)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H67N-USB3-B3
RAM: CORSAIR 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3
Case and Power Supply: APEX MI-008 Mini-ITX with 250w PSU
Optical Drive: Sony Optiarc
HDD: Fujitsu 120 GB 7200 Sata

I have 10.7.1 installed but when I try to update to 10.7.2 combo I get an invalid checksum message. If I bypass verify and install I get a kernel panic. Here is a screenshot:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-11-30 at 10.21.48 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-11-30 at 10.21.48 AM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 4,614
I verified and repaird permissions on the start up drive and I got this message... This have anything to do with it?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-11-30 at 2.34.33 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-11-30 at 2.34.33 PM.png
    419.1 KB · Views: 386
Mac Lion OSX works fine on 10.7.0 but when I upgrade to 10.7.2 I get the error waiting on root devices. Should I just stick to 10.7 or is there a way to get around that error. My OSX installation will only boot in safe mode and through the thumb drive loader or iBoot. It won't load with the chameleon loader.

Hey Guss,

I have just installied Mac OSX 10.7.2 on my Desktop. But I seem to have huge problems with everything. 1st of all, I cannot connect to the Internet. If I go to System Settings > Network, I only see a FireWire interface. If I now try to run the assistant, it tells me, that I cannot install a Ethernet connection. The buttons are just grey.

Even if I look for the system specs, I seem to have no Ethernet PCI Card installed. The only thing iss, that I have LAN on my Mainboard and I have an extra Wireless card.

Here are my System Specs:

Motherboard: ASUS P5Q Deluxe
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTS
Wireless Card: D-Link DWA-547

Can anyone help me please?

Thanks,
Nskjunky

Just updated through the apple software update and now getting
[ PCI configuration begin ] hang on verbose boot. without verbose it's just the gray apple screen where i get stuck.

I was using a custom kext for the nvidia 560ti video card. I have a feeling that is the issue?
perhaps i can put in old video card and then.. idk. anyone any help? I definitely blew it and learned my lesson. Let's hope i can pull through this :(

edit: i've tried GraphicsEnabler=No -v -x to no avail.

i'm gonna try to swap out video cards now. ugh

edit2: old video card is working, so i am going to change the kext and then use kextenabler to install it i think.

edit3: fixed. had to boot with other video card, change the kext nvda1000 or whatever and reboot. also had to do sound with multibeast.

edit4: then i had to install http://www.osx86.net/view/2070-gtx_5xx_enabler.html to get it from stop locking up totally

I had 10.7.0 installed using Unibeast pen drive. Then, installed all the required kexts. Dual booted with Windows 7 x64

Then, updated to 10.7.2 using Software Updates from apple menu.. After restart, audio was gone.. Reinstalled kext from multibeast. But before the installation could complete, system went into Kernel Panic, and i feared of having lost all the time put in the research and installation (many times !!).. But surprisingly, after restarting from safe mode+verbose and then only verbose audio appeared automatically !! Dual boot with Windows 7 x64 is working also. now everything proper :D

thank you very much all the posters and site's search engine :p

My configuration:

Intel Core i7-2600 (non K)
Gigabyte GA-H67MA-USB3-B3
Saphhire ATI Radeon 5770 1GB
G-Skill Ripjaws 2x4GB 1600 MHz (Though motherboard supports only 1333MHz)
500 WD Caviar Black
Logitech MK260 Wireless Combo

PS: Though i said everything is working proper, Sleep still resets bios and PS2 keyboard-mouse does not work.. not a game changing problem just mentioning it.

Attachments

• Complete.png
    Complete.png
    75.3 KB · Views: 371
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back