Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.7.2 Update - The Official Thread (Desktops)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Using disk utility to try repairing permissions, I get a 'Repair permissions failed: Framework unable to communicate with the Disk Management daemon' message.

My experience with updating to 10.7.2 has been less that productive. I started off last night with the terrible idea of "just going for it" and I have paid for my mistake. I tried every method I could find across this and every other Hackintosh forum Google knew of.

I went with the combo update method and when I had about 3 minutes left, it KP'd. BTW I was coming from 10.7.1. After restarting the system It locked up on the Apple logo bootscreen. I restarted and booted with -v and got stuck at the infamous
[PCI configuration begin] and I had no way into my system (at least that I know of) to try various fixes. After checking multiple forum entries, I deduced that my cause is hopeless, at least for now. That led me to backup my data from another computer and wipe/reinstall Lion.

I just got finished with that and tried the combo update again with no luck, again. So, with the hardware listed, I KP'd while installing 10.7.2 via combo update from both 10.7 & 10.7.1. I'm not sure if I did something wrong, but I lost about 15 hours worth of software installs and setting customization (not to mention my Spore game save haha).

If anyone could think of a fix for me, I will be holding off installing anything until tomorrow afternoon. So i will be willing to experiment with any suggestion.

Thanks.

Combo update to 10.7.2 from 10.7.1 left my x58 system with the following on verbose mode. I've combed all posts, gathered & tested many theories, and I just cannot get to the 10.7.2 desktop.

I've tweaked my dsdt, tried the latest Chimera, and even tested a couple of kext... but I'm completely stumped.

Any assistance/ideas would be greatly appreciated ! Have a great weekend everyone.

Attachments

• 10.7.2 boot fail.jpg
    10.7.2 boot fail.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 175
After many hours trying to use update 10.7.2 successfully, including blue screen and not being able to get past user login screen, i used the multi beast 4.02 "easy beast" install and voila i'm in..... whew!

andrewnewbaker said:
KP'd while installing 10.7.2 via combo update from both 10.7 & 10.7.1. I'm not sure if I did something wrong, but I lost about 15 hours worth of software installs and setting customization.

If anyone could think of a fix for me, I will be holding off installing anything until tomorrow afternoon. So i will be willing to experiment with any suggestion.
Thanks.

Try installing the update in Safemode.

DAEMON said:
andrewnewbaker said:
KP'd while installing 10.7.2 via combo update from both 10.7 & 10.7.1. I'm not sure if I did something wrong, but I lost about 15 hours worth of software installs and setting customization.

Thanks.

I'm having trouble booting into Safemode! haha The typical method of holding Shift doesn't appear to work. Am I doing something wrong?

UPDATE: N/M I figured it out. Let me give this a shot.

DAEMON said:
andrewnewbaker said:

Thanks.

No dice

I think I'm going to try this over software update tonight. Let ya know how that goes. However, I don't foresee different results.

andrewnewbaker said:

Holding Shift?
Your on a Real Mac?

Try booting with -x if your on a Hackintosh.

so i did what i always do when upgrading. clone primary drive then update.
here's what happened.
i had a working 10.7.1. i used carbon copy cloner (like i always do).
i rebooted to test clone, and now i can't reboot into either partition.
i've tried reboot, iboot(newest and several versions back) with no luck.
please if i've overlooked something please help.
i'm patient with figuring things out, but i don't have a lot of spare time on this one.
i didn't believe cloning would cause this.

DAEMON said:
andrewnewbaker said:

Holding Shift?
Your on a Real Mac?

Try booting with -x if your on a Hackintosh.

I have a real Mac. That's what I'm used to. I'm totally new to Hackintoshes. Maybe I should add that any suggestion should be explained fully. HAHA The holding Shift actually did work for booting to safe mode. I disabled login and added an obnoxious amount of login items to test and see if I was good. Also, it appeared my video card had been disable (due to launchpad and dashboard loading like a remote virtual machine).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back