Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.7.2 Update - The Official Thread (Desktops)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone having issues with multiple monitors after updating to 10.7.2? I actually have dual GTX 460s with three monitors that have been working fine every since Snow Leopard. All three monitors worked without any issues under Lion 10.7.1. Now that I've updated to 10.7.2, Lion sees the dual 460s just fine, but only will send output of the first DVI port on the first card. Any ideas?

for icloud problem please someone can explain how to crate new serial step by step .am totally lost from google search. mine says in system info is mac pro early 2008

i installed Chimera and i can now login to iCloud.. but iCloud hasn't sent me a verification email.. sound still doesn't work.. Multibeast hangs when i try to install the 889 kext, HDArollback didn't work for me.

not sure why MB freezes

Have two GA-Z68XP-UD4 motherboard based systems. One with a Gigabyte Radeon 6870 and the other with a EVGA Nvidia GTX 560 Ti. The Radeon based system, upgraded, rebooted, reinstalled the sound drivers (HDA rollback, and always have to do it twice??) and everything worked great.

The GTX 560 Ti system would not reboot. I put a Radeon 6850 card in it, it booted right up, I edited the info.plist file in the /S/L/E/NVDAGF100Hal.kext, copied it to the desktop and reinstalled it via Kextbeast, rebooted and now all is good. I did have to reinstall the sound drivers also.

I saw a recommendation on this thread to NOT reboot first (good idea if you have the Nvidia GTX 560 Ti card). I would have saved myself some hassle (probably) by editing the info.plist file before rebooting.

Other than that, everything seems to work fine.

gotojanoo said:
for icloud problem please someone can explain how to crate new serial step by step .am totally lost from google search. mine says in system info is mac pro early 2008

do a search for chameleon wizard
download and open it
there is a smbios tab.. it will let you edit your systems serial and details.. just save and restart

adamfilip said:
do a search for chameleon wizard
download and open it
there is a smbios tab.. it will let you edit your systems serial and details.. just save and restart

I've used the Chameleon Wizard and generated numerous serial numbers, however, I can't seem to find a valid one (or one that makes iCloud work, that is).

For reference, the error that I'm getting is, "This Apple ID is valid but is not an iCloud account."

Any help making it work would be appreciated.

Ok installed combo update on gigabyte X58A-UD3R
board - I am using a Nivdia gts250 - it always worked vanilla snow leopard and lion 10.7.0 and 10.7.1 - and now when it boots up to black screen then nothing and monitor goes to sleep both DVI ports -

any ideas?

Re: Mac OS X 10.7.2 Update - The Official Thread

Only had to reinstall sound. Everything is ok. Thank you for your work! :headbang:

Build:
- Gigabyte GA-G41MT-D3 motherboard
- ATI GTX 285 video
- Intel Core2Duo 3.0GHz CPU
- 8GB RAM
- Airport WiFi card in a miniPCI-E adapter
- On-board ethernet

1. Installed combo update, ran MultiBeast (HDA roll-back), reboot --> no audio
2. Ran Multibeast again --> Audio works
3. iCloud wasn't working, presenting with error about a valid Apple ID but not an iCloud account (even though I already set it up on my MacBook Air)
4. Found info on this forum about reinstalling Chimera with MultiBeast --> Reboot
5. Everything works!

Thanks to Tony and everyone else for providing updates. This was a very easy update.

10.7.2 combo update. iCloud works. FaceTime works. No issues. Smooth process.

Used MB 4.02 to tweak HDA audio back on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back