Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.7.2 Update - The Official Thread (Desktops)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Successfully updated to 10.7.2 via Software Update. Had some troubles with Audio because I did not install AppleHDA Rollback before rebooting, so I had to manually delete the .kext and do the Rollback, but sound works now aswell. iCloud didn't work right away...but after a quick look at this thread I found the solution of updating Chimera - did the trick :) Thx for that!

knizmi said:
To all with non-working iCloud.

I was first using the newest Chameleon, and at first I bumped into the "This Apple ID is valid but is not an iCloud account" problem. So I switched to Chimera and rebooted.

After switching to Chimera I received the "Account Limit Reached - This device is no longer eligible for creating an Apple ID."

I thought that there has to be a way how Apple identifies your computer, so I used the Chameleon wizard to generate a new smbios with an actual week of manufacture, unique number and a serial. This is what worked for me and now I am enjoying all the benefits of iCloud :)

Nice one! Generating a new serial worked for me!

Dnerve said:
knizmi said:
To all with non-working iCloud.

I was first using the newest Chameleon, and at first I bumped into the "This Apple ID is valid but is not an iCloud account" problem. So I switched to Chimera and rebooted.

After switching to Chimera I received the "Account Limit Reached - This device is no longer eligible for creating an Apple ID."

I thought that there has to be a way how Apple identifies your computer, so I used the Chameleon wizard to generate a new smbios with an actual week of manufacture, unique number and a serial. This is what worked for me and now I am enjoying all the benefits of iCloud :)

Nice one! Generating a new serial worked for me!

Worked for me too!

ok, I solved my issue aswell. I guessed the problem was that my serial was used also on other hackintoshes. So I remember jpa, in a guide of his own, suggested a different serial from the one installed by multibeast. I figured that was possible to generate different serials, and with the help of google, I found this http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?t=25443&p=163612. Following instructions I generated a new serial, I checked if was a valid one on this site (found in the same post) http://www.appleserialnumberinfo.com/Desktop/index.php.

Now iCloud is working! yay!

Changing serials did not work for me, still getting Unrecognized Apple ID or password (have changed password 3 times). Help, new phone coming this week!

rmmcwh said:
Changing serials did not work for me, still getting Unrecognized Apple ID or password (have changed password 3 times). Help, new phone coming this week!
How did you change serials...I changed mine before I applied the update, the update went flawless, and I signed into icloud on first try....

Used chameleon wizard (3 tries). How can I tell if it is being blocked? Do I need to add at least one iOS device first?

System Preferences: AOSKit ERROR: Could not attempt lock acquisition for path (/Users/rmmcwh/Library/Application Support/iCloud/Accounts/RayMcWhtr.lock), lockFileParentDirExists=0, path=0x2e3080

I do not have the /Application Support/iCloud folder!

Worked without a hitch... only needed MultiBeat to fix up AppleHDA! Thanks tony, community!

Updated via software update, KP at boot because of VoodooHDA. Boot on CCC HD 10.7.1, deleting AppleHDA, repairing permissions via Disk utils.

No more KP.

For iCloud working : get my iPad 2 updated, sign-in iCloud then on my hack' : OK.

:x :oops: First post in a hurry so will get a sig done later. Just need to feet this out to all.
If you are dual booting on the same drive with Windows 7 and 10.7 the new 10.7.2 will see the Windows partition as a good place for its recovery disc and render unreadable in windows. Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back