Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.7.2 Update - The Official Thread (Desktops)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update to 10.7.2 from 10.6.8 with UniBeast worked great for me, followed the guide to the letter. Only hang up was that I needed to restart my computer before UniBeast would accept my freshly formatted USB thumb drive.

Do note that 10.7.X breaks the Silicon Image 3132 drivers that are used in a lot of PCIe to eSATA cards (Sonnet, Lacie). No driver update yet, will have to do without eSATA for a while.

MB: ASUS P7P55 LX
Graphics: NVidia GeForce 9500 GT
MultiBeast 4.0.3 & UserDSDT from user Aleister

Thank you Tony! :clap: :clap:

newbie2006 said:
Ok installed combo update on gigabyte X58A-UD3R
board - I am using a Nivdia gts250 - it always worked vanilla snow leopard and lion 10.7.0 and 10.7.1 - and now when it boots up to black screen then nothing and monitor goes to sleep both DVI ports -

any ideas?
Hi Newbie2006,
more people have the same problem after upgrading to lion 7.2.
I have work out some tricks that might help.
My favorite: when I boot the system I turn off the power of my monitor, After a while turning it on and Lion has started.
Second works sometimes: interrupt the boot. Type "-x" without the quotes. The boot still gives a kernel panic or freezes. Turn the desktop off and on again with the power button. Mostly it boots OK.
Good luck
Zjeebie

Today I got my fresh new install of LION... Ty Tony.

Now... What about iCloud to work :(

Lion 10.7.2 Works great for me (Gigabyte p67) with sleeping, onboard audio, onboard USB 3.0 and with all working pro applications like Final Cut Studio Pro.....

I bought, downloaded and installed 10.7.2 from ground up, not update... ))

Decided to update my Lion install to 10.7.2 using the Software Update (not realizing there would be a difference between that method and the combo update.) When I try to boot Lion, after [PCI Configuration Begin] the computer stops sending a signal to the monitor, but I can hear the Hard Drives churning away.

So, I figured I'd boot into my old 10.6.8, which is on my boot drive, and do any updating that needed to be done to my Lion install (on separate hard drive), but 10.6.8 couldn't recognize the hard drive with Lion on it, and would crash seconds after booting (grey screen of death.)

So, I popped my Lion drive thinking that would at least allow me to get back to my 10.6.8 install, but still crashed seconds after boot.

Any idea what happened when I did the software update? Could it have really trashed my boot drive? or just SL? Luckily I can afford right now to wipe it all clean, but that is far from what I want to do right now. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

---Update---

Just loaded SL with -v, and I'm getting the following read:

After Backtrace (CPU 6) is called, it returns with an issue with AppleRTL8169Ethernet:

Kernel Extensions in backtrace (with dependecides):
com.apple.driver.AppleRTL8169Ethernet(1.1.4a5)@0xffffff7f80dbd000->0xffffff7f80dd9fff
dependency: com.apple.iokit.IONetworkingFamily(1.10)@0xffffff7f80ba9000
dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily(2.6.5)@0xffffff7f80804000

---Update---

Booted into safe mode, and was thankfully able to reinstall my ethernet and wireless network drivers. Able to boot into SL again.

Updated to 10.7.2 without a hitch.

I think the secret (for me) was to have your smbios.plist set properly. I did a bunch of research on the InsanelyMac forum and found out that the GA-EX58-UD5 is closest to a MacPro4,1. Then I used Chameleon Wizard to update the smbios.plist with that definition, along with a unique serial number. (The SMboardproduct string must be correct , according to InsanelyMac.) Afterwards, I ran the combo update without any problems. MultiBeast refused to install afterwards (tried rollback + system utilities).

One thing is odd: audio continued to work in 10.7.2 after reboot. It must have been the system utilities which were not running.

I also updated Chimera while I was at it, though I don't think that is necessary.

to solve the bug :

kernel: IOSurface: buffer allocation size is zero

Disable Hardware acceleration on chrome for flash

Anyone got iCloud working? :(

DannyD: worked fine after update.

Does the AppStore work? Does Facetime work? I believe its a combination of needing an updated Chimera, along with an Ethernet card on en0:

I8OSb.png

mattgreenrocks said:
DannyD: worked fine after update.

Does the AppStore work? Does Facetime work? I believe its a combination of needing an updated Chimera, along with an Ethernet card on en0:
You also need the right serial number in your smbios.plist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back