Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.7.2 Update - The Official Thread (Desktops)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm getting a checksum error on MacOSXUpdCombo10.7.2.dmg. Tried downloading it several times, same thing. What gives?

oligator said:
Hi guys, I've got a strange Problem here with my Hackintosh,maybe someone can help me out.

I have a SSD from Intel,and after 10.7.2 the Graphic Card Performance just dropped like 60% , for example in Cinebench I'm getting now only 12FPS, before the update 34FPS.

On the other side ,I've installed the update on a WD Raptor 10 000RPM and no Performance Issue with the Graphic Card.

Its like something not right with the SSD compability or what.

System Specs.
1xSSD intel
1xRaptor WD
Gigabyte ga p55 ud6
ATI HD 5870 1Gb
4GB Ram
Did you installed TrimEnabler ?

This is officially driving me bat-**** crazy. This Hackintosh (or CustoMac, as it were) is my HTPC - without it, I am dead in the water (entertainment wise!).

I have a feeling the proper Kext's aren't being installed with Multibeast 4.0.3.

How can I manually install AppleHDA Rollback? And I need not install ALC8xxHDA because I'm using a DSDT from the database for my motherboard, correct? In any event, I've tried running Multibeast installing both AppleHDA Rollback and ALC8xxHDA (with System Utilities checked, of course), and also JUST installing AppleHDA Rollback, to no avail.

Can someone kindly point me to where the AppleHDA Rollback should be installed so I can verify that it's in the proper location (and that it was installed successfully)?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Resolved thanks to this thread by idd

I'm using an EVGA NVIDIA GT 240, and it has always worked since 10.6.3. After I update from 10.7.0 to 10.7.2 it will boot, but the screen will stay black. What works in 10.7.0 is GraphicsEnabler=Yes and the DSDT file, no kexts. Any ideas?

UPDATE: Fixed using this minor DSDT edit: http://www.hackintosh-india.com/2009/04 ... -1072.html

Attachments

• dsdt.aml
    13.8 KB · Views: 117
The 10.7.2 installer won't update my boot drive it says its not suitable - it will only update the installer partition. Can anyone offer any advice please?

Stuck in waiting for root device... tried all kinds of arguments, -v -x -s -f arch=i386 and none of them worked. Any help pls?

I too have the black screen at boot problem. I have 570 which worked perfectly on 10.7.1. After 10.7.2 update, I have to remove the string from Info.plist in order to get to any GUI interface. However, it seems, at least for me, rboot can solve the problem, meaning when I use ATY injector, add the string to Info.plist an boot via rboot, I get full resolution. The same setup will cause a black screen at boot if I boot directly instead of boot from cd. I wonder what is different from rboot than my local chimera.

Just updated to Lion 10.7.2, but had to do a little bit more than what I've read from most people:

1) Installed 10.7.2 Combo update but did not restart right after it finished installing.

2) Installed AppleACPIPlatform.kext and IOPCIFamily.kext from 10.6.7 using Kext Utility as I was getting DSMOS and PCI Config errors when I updated at first and did not do this. This solved those problems.

3) Installed AppleHDA.kext and HDAEnabler.kext from 10.6.4 using Kext Utility to make sound work on my Gigabyte H55M-S2V motherboard. It is the only way I can make it work. Other people have found other ways, but those solutions do not work for me.

4) Deleted IOPCIFamily.kext from Lion/Library/Extensions and installed Broadcom43XXFamilyrev2.kext (from junglistmassive's post) for my BCM4321MC wifi card to function.

5) Ran Multibeast's System Utilities to rebuild cache and permissions.

6) Restarted. Fully functional 10.7.2 after, with the iCloud registration screen greeting me after boot.

Is there someone who has successfully updated to 10.7.2 with a GA-H67MA-UD2H-B3 motherboard ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back