Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.7.2 Update - The Official Thread (Desktops)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Changed my serial # 3 times so far, all validated on Apple's website. Unfortunately iCloud still is giving me "unrecognized apple id or password" error still.

Successfully installed 10.7.2 Lion through APP store update using X-Move.
Updated from SL 10.6.8 which I installed on my machine yesterday(using update helper for sandy bridge MOBO 1155) with 4gig.

A week earlier did SL 10.6.3 fresh/clean retail DVD install using Multibeast 3.0 with multiple attempts (had to use PCIRootUID=1 pre and post installation)

Only had to run Multibeast 4.0 to install Ethernet and sound. Everything is running great! after Lion update, plug in additional 4gig and running free memory :D

Not sure if sleep is working, ran software update and got itune updated. The system is running up-to-date. Will be plugging in additional hardware.

Life is Good!!!! :D :D :thumbup:

Finally got iCloud to work. Had to clone(for safety)/reapply 10.72 update about 3 times - before I reran Multibeast and downgraded my ATI kexts. The last time I tried to log into iCloud, I got some new warnings in LittleSnitch which I allowed all connections (cannot remember which ones), mostly for system services and Apple stuff. I then tried to log in, got the limit reached error (finally, since all I was getting was invalid ID before), I then used Chameleon Wizard to change serial number and I was on!

My problem with Facetime not showing the video or preferences windows seems to have fixed itself.

Now for testing, then I will apply it to my main boot. Thank you all!

Updated to 10.7.2 using combo update, applied HDA rollback. Everything seems to work.

What a crazy day of updating...two iPads, two iPhones, the Hack and an Air! It's going to take a week to figure out all the new features.

Perry

Hilbe said:
Changed my serial # 3 times so far, all validated on Apple's website. Unfortunately iCloud still is giving me "unrecognized apple id or password" error still.

you need to verify your email. just click on the link when you try to log into iCloud and then have apple send you a email so it can be verified.

Everything working on my rig. [GA-P45T-ES3G]

Ran combo update used multibeast for audio rollback and then used chameleon wizard to create serial. Then I was getting unrecognized apple id error but clicking on the link and verifying email fixed it and now iCloud is working as well!!!!

Peer said:
Update to 10.7.2 without any problem, re-installed idd's modified AppleHDA.kext with KextBeast.

However, tried to connect with iCloud, I get the same error as everybody when trying to register iCloud:

Account Limit Reached
This device is no longer eligible for creating an Apple ID.

Yes, I have the latest chameleon installed. Unfortunately my iPhone is a 3G, so unable to use it the create an appleID with it.
Need to change my Hack's serial. But can't find the Chameleon Wizard in the download section.
Where can I find it???
You can find it here.

fastfuel said:
for those using a SSD, the kext patched by Grant Pannell to enable TRIM (IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext inside IOAHCIFamily.kext plugin folder) has been updated (2.0.0 to 2.0.1). It seems that reapplying the patch re-enable the TRIM... cool.
Many thanks fastfuel. I worked for my agility 3.

Hi! I installed v10.7.2 on to my system without too much trouble. (Core i3-540, Gigabyte GA-H55-USB3, 12 GB RAM, nVidea 7300GT) I did have an issue with audio which I corrected by replacing the AppleHDA.kext with this one (this board has ACL889 audio):

http://www.kexts.com/view/1940-patched_ ... 0.7.2.html

When I installed it, I had to correct the permissions to get it to work:
(in the terminal):

sudo chown -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext
sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext

Then, to make sure it worked:
kextutil /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext

If it works, you should hear some clicks from your speakers - there is no need to reboot. Audio should work.

Other issues: I have noticed that the mail app is MUCH slower. Not sure if it's the 140,000 e-mails I have saved but it worked a lot better in Snow Leopard.

I have also noticed some slowness in video performance, not sure if this is Lion or something wrong with the video drivers - will look into... Could just be my older video card.

Other than that, everything as expected - very slow lion download (I guess I was not the only one downloading it yesterday), no problems moving to/with iCloud other than the system being really slow.

-Vic

Core i3-540
Gigabyte GA-H55-USB3
nVidea 7300 GT
12 GB RAM
Seagate 1.5TB Boot Drive (1 - 990GB partition to boot)
Seagate 1.5TB Time Machine drive (connected via eSATA - very fast backups!)
nVidea 7300GT
Pioneer DVR-109 DVD Drive

msm said:
ZakisGarausis said:
Updated via combo update, rebooted. Had to ad my graphic cards ID to the kext and roll back audio. To enable audio I used MultiBeast 4.0.2, but with no success:( Tried to do the same with MultiBeast 3.8.0 - and succeed:):):) Everything else works out of the box! :thumbup:

P.S. Sorry for bad English:(

Which kext did you edit to get your video working?

This one - NVDANV50Hal.kext. My graphic card id is 10c3:10de. Then repair permissions with KextUtility. Don't know why, but MultiBeast System Utilities can't do that in this case. And graphic enabler must be on.

I'm kind of noob, so sorry for not very professional explanation and quite a bad English. But I hope this will help:)

Hello,
I am running a G31M-Es2L with an 8800GTS. I'm booting using chameleon, does anyone think I will run into any problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back