Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.7.1 Update - The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was hoping this update would fix my sleep problem (can wake Lion once but not after that) but it didn't. All else seems normal after re-installing AppleHDA Rollback to get sound.

Updated via Software update successfully. Everything just works.

Asus P7H55-M PRO
Intel Core i5 760
ATI Radeon 5770 1024Mb DDR5 Asus EAH5770 Cu Core/2DI/1GD5/A
2x 4Gb DDR3 1333MHz Kingston (KVR1333D3N9/4G)

Multibeast Easybeast install:

$ ls -1 /Extra/Extensions
ACPIMonitor.kext
FakeSMC.kext
IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext
IntelCPUMonitor.kext
SuperIOFamily.kext

Voodoo 0.2.1 and Lnx2Mac Realtek RTL81xx 0.0.67 drivers.

ak7 said:
I was hoping this update would fix my sleep problem (can wake Lion once but not after that) but it didn't. All else seems normal after re-installing AppleHDA Rollback to get sound.
Same here, can force a sleep though via apple menu (top left screen)
Is there a good thread on sleep problems?
Info seems very fragmented.
Update went without any problems, only AppleHDA restore needed via multi beast

As usual sound disappeared after update, but fixed with multi beast Rollback and as a precaution Realtek audio kext. I did notice my boot time was a couple of seconds slower, but I'll keep an eye out on that.

ON a side note FaceTime is still down for me :x . I thought this update might fix it and I've tried all other suggested fixes but they are of no help to me. Some suggestions actually caused my system to crash. Oh well at least I have my iPhone for FaceTime.

scarberian said:
ON a side note FaceTime is still down for me :x . I thought this update might fix it and I've tried all other suggested fixes but they are of no help to me. Some suggestions actually caused my system to crash. Oh well at least I have my iPhone for FaceTime.

We have nearly identical builds...using Chameleon R755 to register Facetime, then switching back to the original boot file, got Facetime running for me. A hint: Video drivers didn't work with R755, so the displays remained blank for me. I just did the facetimee registration sequence blind from memory (launch, tab-password-return, tab-return) but if you set up VNC (screen sharing) in prefs before-hand you can use another machine to see the screen.

Perry

i have a gts 250, i just went from SL to Lion lastnight, pretty smooth, Xmove etc, thanks it works, now my only issue is sound and video, the board is a gigabyte p45 888 sound, non DSDT, should i finally get a dsdt for this? voodoo hda KP's every time, the video i just cant seem to get it to work, stuck in 1024x768, tried different boot options, 32 bit /64 bit with and with out graphics enabler, etc

also i have a gts 450 with a 1156 i7 system i am working on, the video works mostly but wow is only 9fps, did i have to delete a nvidia power managment kext or something, i've been out of the game for a while and was dumped right back in, sold my MacBook air 11" and the iMac 21.5" i think the i3 sucks and is slow… and the graphics was weak, but i miss how a real apple just works,
its nice being able to have some one to point the finger at when crap doesn't work or breaks,

Installed the updated, ran UserDSDT, everything works after (except for my GTX 560, so I had to use the modified ATY_Init from InsanelyMac).

MSI Z68A-GD80 (B3)
Intel Core i7-2600K @ 4.5GHz
8GB DDR3 1600 RAM
60GB OCZ Vertex 2 SSD
1TB Seagate 7200RPM 6Gbps HDD

I noticed that I don't have a slight freeze when logging in or opening dozens of applications at once anymore :).

Audio worked fine afterwards (using VoodooHDA).

KP'd the first time, but that was unrelated to the actual updater (used standalone update). After KP, my laptop booted up fine, no problems. Ran the installer again, just to be sure. It's been working fine, plus performance benefits, CPU is running a bit cooler, and my mic works (using VoodooHDA, mic wasn't working on 10.7, works now though) :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back