Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.6.8 Update - The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Successful update to 10.6.8 here for me. First go, first boot everything worked ok (except sound as expected).

Used:
- 10.6.8 combo update
- nvidia official quadro update for 10.6.8 - 256.02.25 (installed after combo update, prior to restart)
- chameleon RC5 r1002 (install prior to restart)
- multibeast 3.7.2 for AppleHDA rollback (after restart)

Have not tried to run pro tools yet though. will see how that goes tonight.

Combo update 10.6.8 launched, and then corrected through a system multibeast (audio), but on reboot got the line: "[PCI Configuration begin]".
Great and terrible Google suggested that the problem in DSDT, but rather in the section Device (PCI0). At first it was like this:

Device (PCI0)
{
Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0A03"))
Name (_ADR, Zero)
Name (_UID, One)
Name (_BBN, Zero)
Method (_S3D, 0, NotSerialized)
{

Revised:
Device (PCI0)
{
Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0A03"))
Name (_UID, Zero)
Name (_BBN, Zero)
Method (_S3D, 0, NotSerialized)
{

The system booted with no errors. Moreover, after the changes become available DSDT monitor calibration. Prior to that version 10.6.7 Calibration did not work.

PS Sorry for my English.

Ok Updated 10.6.8, Works fine for me.

I installed Mac os retail 10.6 because i wanted a clean install:

Install Mac os retail 10.6 from my original DVD
Install update combo 10.6.8
Copy multibeast and DSDt.aml to desktop
Run Multibeast and install all the extensions & options I requiered and userDSDT
Reboot
Enjoy

Thanks to all

CacatuaRonca said:
Ok Updated 10.6.8, Works fine for me.

I installed Mac os retail 10.6 because i wanted a clean install:

Install Mac os retail 10.6 from my original DVD
Install update combo 10.6.8
Copy multibeast and DSDt.aml to desktop
Run Multibeast and install all the extensions & options I requiered and userDSDT
Reboot
Enjoy

Thanks to all
Downloaded DSDT or corrected? I have the exact same motherboard and the problem was.

Following Tony's guide and I have just finished updating my hackintosh to 10.6.8. Very happy to report that the update process went thru smoothly. There was no problem at all. My system boots up ok, no kp, all existing applications seem to work! Everything works including App Store.

Updated system with 10.6.8 combo and ran multibeast 3.7.3 to roll back ACPI and USB drivers.

Cheers!! :clap:

maymayhk said:
Updated system with 10.6.8 combo and ran multibeast 3.7.3 to roll back ACPI and USB drivers.
In my case, two options for solving the problem [PCI configuration begin]: either roll back these drivers to 10.6.7, or edit DSDT. Who else had a similar problem when upgrading to version 10.6.8?

ASUS P5E PRO WS:

Combo Update Installed perfectly.
As usually reinstall Marvell 88E8056 network adapter and removed AppleHDA kext due to conflict with Voodoo drivers.

And All works

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-06-28 at 1.09.37 PM.png
    Screen shot 2011-06-28 at 1.09.37 PM.png
    33.5 KB · Views: 426
Hey guys
Bit of a problem here. I cant get my mouse working, or any other usb device working. This means i cannot install the usb kext. Is their anything that could help me.
Cheers

racerboy3801 said:
Hey guys
Bit of a problem here. I cant get my mouse working, or any other usb device working. This means i cannot install the usb kext. Is their anything that could help me.
Cheers

Try booting it with iboot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back