Not open for further replies.
aclm said:
Ok I dont care about updating to 10.6.8

REPEAT

I JUST WANT TO ROLL BACK TO 10.6.7 !!!

I am thinking i can take out the drive
hook it up to my macbook pro and see it s an external drive

and remove some kext files?

If so what and EXACTLY where would those be?

Again I just want to roll back to 10.6.7 and NOT ever update to 10.6.8
or at least until I have a time machine back up of my 10.6.7

Thank you and much appreciated :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

UMAD?

There is no going back. evarrrrrrrrr!

PROTIP: reinstall

The Apple update sucker-punched me. At the worst of all times. Had been struggling for weeks with an almost-working system. It would work almost OK but the graphics were slow and the system would crash when attempting to do online things. So I bought a Galaxy NVIDIA GForce 8400GS, installed it physically, started the box and PERFECTO! Everything worked -- there were hi-res video modes, the desktop was hi-res, the web was perfect. All was wonderful for about 2 hours. Then the update landed and I was silly enough to allow it and reboot. Crash City. Crash. Crash. Crash. Booted with iBoot and got the screen back, but the USB ports were dead. Lovely screen, but couldn't interact with it. Used iBoot, swapped in the Snow Leopard CD, and let it work. Forty-five minutes later, everything was back to almost normal. Even my downloaded apps were there.
You can go back. But watch your back.

Not much progress here. I used the System update (never had a problem from 10.6.3 till now). Did the Audio rollback, etc. as usual, and System perm update, and when I rebooted I had no Ethernet. So I reinstalled all the kexts I had before just to be safe, and tried again. Still no Ethernet. Also, none of my HDs mounted at boot except the boot drive itself. Worse, the Finder was terribly unresponsive; lots of spinning beachballs.

I shut the machine down, pulled the plug and cleared the CMOS, then started up again. Same exact problems. Tried everything I've ever tried to get the Ethernet at least to work; I've always been able to bring it up before (usually involving going into the BIOS and running the network test). After several hours of troubleshooting, I finally gave up and rolled back to 10.6.7 where everything is working again. This was the most bizarre system update ever, because I got no KPs, just buggered up functionality. I'll mess with it again later, but not for a while - I need my machine running to get some work done.

hiphopboy said:
Just replace "AppleACPIPlatform.kext" and "IOPCIFamily.kext" with their 10.6.7 version and run multibeast ! restart ! Works like charms

Thanks for this...It fixed my box!!!! :clap: :headbang:

hiphopboy said:
Just replace "AppleACPIPlatform.kext" and "IOPCIFamily.kext" with their 10.6.7 version and run multibeast ! restart ! Works like charms

Can someone please explain what exactly these kexts do? and why the 10.6.7 versions work but the 10.6.8 don't?

I actually killed the IOPCIFamily.kext altogether when I found out it was causing the KP's in the combo updater - and I never replaced it with the older one - yet my machine is humming along beautifully! What am I missing?

Anybody knows to fixes this error on App Store : "No GUID is available. Contact Support for assistance", just only on 10.6.8, everything're well on before build !

Success.
After reading virtually entire thread. - Did back up to Time Machine as well as having Snow Leopard duplicate disk and all files (just in case). Used Combo Update - got the Kernal Panic in the final phase of the updater (towards end of moving components in place with less than a minute to go). Rebooted system - it auto rebooted halfway through 1st reboot, I noticed the Touch bios screen of the Gigabyte bios now displays for much longer - maybe a minute. Then into the gray screen with the black apple and rotating fan progress - this now takes around (seems like) two minutes, then Bam into desktop. Ran Multibeast 3.7.3 - Using DSDT for my card - from Tony Mac & Macman's work, Installed Realtek Gigabit network - rebooted, Run mutibeast do the HDA rollback plus Installed realtek ALCxx8 for onboard ethernet and sound.
She's all go. Have not tested sleep fully yet, 1st wake from sleep, claimed no keyboard present (Using apple aluminium wired keyboard) - Magic mouse has no problem staying connected to bluetooth! USB seems to be all working - Firewire says it is present not tested, using dual display - HDMI and DVI at 1920x1080 and 1680x1050 repectively. No sound via HDMI at present (Not tested - am getting beautiful sound via headphone port).
Geekbench is at 12292, Cinebench11 gives 331.5fps - I have no idea if that is good or bad - does not look good in the rankings of cinebench but seems to work fine. Appears very stable at this stage. No problems with accessing the App Store. Everything working as it should.
Pretty happy at this point.

nullspot said:
hiphopboy said:

Can someone please explain what exactly these kexts do? and why the 10.6.7 versions work but the 10.6.8 don't?

I actually killed the IOPCIFamily.kext altogether when I found out it was causing the KP's in the combo updater - and I never replaced it with the older one - yet my machine is humming along beautifully! What am I missing?

Take it from here :

Code:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/download/file.php?id=10234

Had to do a fresh install. I downloaded the combo update and attempted the install but that was a no-go. The machine spontaneously rebooted and was essentially inaccessible after that.

I did a fresh install using Snow Leopard disk and iBoot followed by the combo update and Multibeast. That worked fine. I used the Multibeast settings that Tony and company put out on the blog for users with Nvidia cards. So far it's been rock solid.

I seem to have issues with these large version change updates. The day to day security and stability fixes don't phase the Hackintosh at all but I seem to run into issues with the combo updates all the time. Luckily this is my hobby machine so it's not a huge deal but it is annoying.

I loaded up iWork and iLife and there were no issues.

Intel Core i7-950 3.06Ghz 8M LGA1366 CPU
Gigabyte X58A-UD3R Intel X58 LGA1366 Motherboard
Corsair XMS3 4GB PC10666 DDR3 1333MHz 2x 2048MB
GeForce 9500 GT GPU

Update went smooth for me AFAIK :shifty:
No KP's ;)
What went dead :rolleyes:
Audio & Ethernet (RTGMac_v2.0.6)
Ethernet was restored by re-installing the RTGMac_v2.0.6.mpkg.That package causes my system to Reset CMOS on Force Sleep/Shutdown.It was fixed by installing the Lnx2Mac's kext's an it's good now...
Since i dont really use Onboard audio I removed the ALC8xxHDA.kext from E/E but i still see this in console :confused:
Code:
Sound assertion "0 != result" failed in AppleHDADriver at line 883 goto Exit
Sound assertion "!me->fKextResourceLoaded" failed in AppleHDADriver at line 858 goto Exit
What seemed to Come Alive/Change
SP now kinda picks up my sata 3 ports but i dont have any HD's to really test.
Code:
Unknown AHCI Standard Controller:
  Vendor:	Unknown
  Product:	AHCI Standard Controller
  Link Speed:	6 Gigabit
  Description:	AHCI Version 1.20 Supported
Turbo ratio's has changed as well
Code:
kernel[0]: AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementClient: ready
kernel[0]: AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement: Turbo Ratios 1112
kernel[0]: AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement: initialization complete
Code:
kernel[0]:[ PCI configuration begin ]
kernel[0]:console relocated to 0xf10000000AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement: Turbo Ratios 0001
kernel[0]:AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement: (built 16:44:42 Jun  7 2011) initialization complete

Hopefully some light can be shed especially on the Turbo Ratio.Can this be due to my DSDT?What about the Sound assertion as well?............Bless

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back