Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.6.8 Update - The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
10.6.8 update went good except for gfx prolem
My screen is showing crazy sh!t.

Hackintosh updated to 10.6.8 fine, just had to reinstall audio.

My real Macbook has become noticeably slower than on 10.6.7 though.

Haven't attempted my Dell Mini 10 yet.

mangosquash said:
Installed perfectly.

(you guys had me worried!)

Ya- let's all report successes as well as failures ok? :D My update went very smoothly as well.

I have used the Combo Update and everything works fine, I spend only four minutes for all.

:clap:

uukk said:
I have used the Combo Update and everything works fine, I spend only four minutes for all.

:clap:
how did you complete the installation? :shh: I got the message KP at the end ... :banghead:

Success!

I booted with iBoot, kernel flags : -v DSDT=No
and replaced the "AppleACPIPlatform.kext" and "IOPCIFamily.kext" with their 10.6.7 version, (http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/06/ ... 6669373371) used KextUtility and now everything works again!

I even updated Chameleon to Chalmira : My Geforce 9600 GT now works under 64-bit with GraphicsEnabler=Yes!

So happy!

assoricks :D :D :D

Went through the update without any problem. Sound, two screens, full resolution, but my gtx 570 still restricted to no use of GPU. Hopefully 10.7 wil change that.

labbratonanti said:
uukk said:
how did you complete the installation? :shh: I got the message KP at the end ... :banghead:

I only do the new TRIM enabler, anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back