Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.6.8 Update - The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
10.6.8 was made so that you can upgrade to lion... apple doesn't expect anyone to actually stay at 10.6.8 on a real mac with a $30 dollar LION SW update... alot of these same issues people are having, PCI configuration begin, USBIO etc are all the same problems people are having on 10.7... I wouldn't really worry too much about all the problems cause 10.7 is around the corner (and then you can worry about the problems there - sarcasm)

It would be nice to know: whether Apple abandoned 889a audio codec support or just Macman's audio injector stopped working?
Seems that Multibeast will be needed an update in both cases: new audio injector or 10.6.7 AppleHDA rollback.

I'm having an issue. I can boot in fine, but now my Internet is not working. I'm using an airport card that worked flawlessly before. Also doing anything is sluggishly slow. Takes 30 sec for anything to open on an SSD

Update went smoothly on my hardware
Sound
Lan
all working

Core i3
GA-H55M-USB3
9600 GT

Screwed myself, ran the update now stuck at spinning wheel boot screen. :/

tried typing in ge=no at the boot screen - no love. -x -v no love.

damn.

Same issue on my XFX 5770. Fortunately I still had my 9800GT-- putting that back in and I rebooted fine. Have noty started trying things to get the 5770 going.

When I looked using -v, it seemed to be looping on HDAEnabler, which is odd since that file is unchanged. Will try using the previous ATI5000Controller.kext tomorrow.

Well, think I'm gonna sleep on this one tonight and hope I wake up to a solution. Sure did screw the pooch this time (no backup.) :oops:

lol..

For shame. :eek:

Well, here, what happened

-Installed from software update, just the update,

-It all started normally but

-Too much lag (thought I was booting Windows)
-No sound at all

Will Report When Everything up an working...

Update#1

Reinstalled practically everything from multibeast (bored to do the debugging itself one-by-one) and everything is working fine...

Update #2 Preview
I will install the combo update and reinstall everything to check the speed difference (if any)

Installed combo update which went fine. Rebooted without any additional installs just to see what 10.6.8 might bring.

Audio not working (889)
Displayport in a 3 monitor config no longer sending signal, but shows up in the profiler as connected.

Reinstalled backed up 10.6.7 ATI kexts (regular, not the iMac ones) and 3rd display was live again.

Installed AppleHDA rollback and after several tries this worked fine. Strange behavior where for a few reboots/rollbacks only my bluetooth headphones were options for output devices. I unpluged my bluetooth dongle and everything worked fine after that. Plugged it back in and now my hack seems happy with both wired and bluetooth headphones.

Also I note that when I first installed 10.6.8 the graphics performance for me was EXTREMELY slow. Minimizing windows was literally taking a full second as I watched the screen repaint. It took a little work, but once I restored the old ATI kexts teh performance seems back to what it was.

Other than that... now running 10.6.8 and everything seems to be working again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back