Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.6.8 Update - The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many thanks to all
Instructions with the clone has helped me

tonymacx86 said:
Another way to do it is clone your existing Snow Leopard drive- then boot to that- and update via the other install. That method is guaranteed not to cause KP. :thumbup:

I did a variant of this.

Cloned fully functioning 10.6.7 install, disconnected the main drive.
iBoot'd into the cloned drive, updated * oddly, without any KP's*.
iBoot'd with 3.1.1 after update restart. Ran MB with HDA rollback, VooDoo 0.2.1, USB rollback, NVEnabler, and EasyBeast.

10.6.8 fully functional with Full GFX *After nVidia Quadro update*, audio, and Networking.

Once i fixed the AppStore issue * PCIRootUID fix*, Cloned that install to my main drive. :)

Attachments

• iDell_3point6_Ghz.png
    iDell_3point6_Ghz.png
    47.4 KB · Views: 334
the info here is awesome..quick question..

on a x58a-ud3r board..do i have to flash the latest bios before using the iboot+MultiBeast method?

thanks!

rwil85 said:

on a x58a-ud3r board..do i have to flash the latest bios before using the iboot+MultiBeast method?

thanks!
Depends on the bios and the DSDT file you have. If cant find a pre made dsdt, there are several DSDT patchers out there that work well. But you need to create it before you apply one to your machine. Go to the tonymac bios settings and make sure you can use SATA and choose the AHCI option if you use IDE choose the ATA/IDE Mode: Legacy. Good luck CFI

chrisfromiowa said:
rwil85 said:

thanks!
Depends on the bios and the DSDT file you have. If cant find a pre made dsdt, there are several DSDT patchers out there that work well. But you need to create it before you apply one to your machine. Go to the tonymac bios settings and make sure you can use SATA and choose the AHCI option if you use IDE choose the ATA/IDE Mode: Legacy. Good luck CFI

I'm looking to use the iBoot+MultiBeast method and am following tonymac's guide on the procedure..it doesn't say anything about DSDT's until post-installation and i can either use EasyBeast or MultiBeast w/ a custom DSDT file..

do i have to have a DSDT file picked and ready now for my bios/board combo or can I worry about that later?

if so, better practice to leave the bios if functioning or update to latest bios prior to using iBoot+MultiBeast method?

No, for now you can use easybeast. You can use multibeast later when you get things figured out. Make sure you match your exact bios/motherboard with the dsdt file. Small differences in the bios can really mess things up if you have the wrong dsdt. C

chrisfromiowa said:
No, for now you can use easybeast. You can use multibeast later when you get things figured out. Make sure you match your exact bios/motherboard with the dsdt file. Small differences in the bios can really mess things up if you have the wrong dsdt. C

thanks for the responses..

I think i just caught on to what you were saying (of course only after i tried to mess with the settings on my own and restarted after using multibeast the first time to a blank screen - i prob fudged up the graphics settings)..

so, i'm going to do a fresh install and repeat the iBoot process all over again..got snow leopard installed..the 10.6.8 update worked flawlessly..then i should enter multibeast and do a UserDSDT - which would install the DSDT i would select from the 'DSDT Database' for my mobo/bios? let it install and then reset?

sounds right.

Exactly. Before you reboot. go into system preferences/chameleon and set up your boot pref's. THis way if you want it to boot in verbose mode you dont have to type in -v every time. I had to get them exactly right on my most recent build due to the picky nature of my gt430. Good luck

Hey, i got 10.6.8 running by having another installation on another partition, and simply installing everything while on another installation. Which doesnt result to a kernel panic. The only problem is, that i had to reinstall audio. Then i have this error, when i boot in verbose "Sound assertion ""Error: EFI Rom did not publish 'hda-gfx'..." My audio works perfectly, but this error (which is repeated several times) slows down the boot by alot. Any solutions? Thanks

After 10.6.8 update, was working fine for more than 2 weeks.

Suddenly today, stops at the Apple Logo when booting. Try to boot using iBoot but no luck.

What should I do now?

Please I need your help. Thank You....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back