Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.6.8 Update - The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Installed without any problem, re-installed AppleHDARollback and IOUSBFamily Rollback w/sys util.

Now all working fine.

so what is a fix for users of ati radeon 5770 cards? i cannot boot into osx at all, even with iboot or safe mode. if i have to reinstall ill wait for lion because it should be out in less than a month. im in windows now and downloaded a program to access the osx hdd so i can at least get my files and such.

msi h55
i3 530
4gb ram
ati 5770

Everything works fine except audio i had to install audio rollback with multibeast

azaghal said:
msi h55
i3 530
4gb ram
ati 5770

Everything works fine except audio i had to install audio rollback with multibeast

you have the same card as me and it worked? that makes no sense. should i pull some ram out to make it 4gb?

Hardware: Intel DG133TL
EVGA GeForce GT240 1GB overclocked
4GB Crucial Ballistix RAM
--------
10.6.8 is the most boring update! :mrgreen:
I downloaded the Combo Update, run the program, and then restart.
Everything loaded normally, everything works*
No need to re-install kexts or run Multibeast.

* except wake from sleep, but that's a pre-existing condition since 10.6.7

I'm in the same ATI 5770 boat (XFX 5770). After update, it hangs before going to desktop. I have graphicsEnabler turned on in smbios.plist, turning it off just results in a corrupted screen. For people with this problem, you can still access your mac via the network from another mac (using ssh, etc).

Maybe rolling back the ATI drivers will fix this, but not sure where to get the ones from 10.6.7...

fixxxer2012 said:
so what is a fix for users of ati radeon 5770 cards? i cannot boot into osx at all, even with iboot or safe mode. if i have to reinstall ill wait for lion because it should be out in less than a month. im in windows now and downloaded a program to access the osx hdd so i can at least get my files and such.

Fix? I installed just fine with software update. Well, KP at the end of the install process required a manual reboot. Got the much discussed automatic reboot on the first load of OS X, but then it booted just fine. Reinstalled HDArollback and trim support. My sata controllers are now properly recognized, and according to Xbench my read speeds on my SSD went up by about 60 MB/s.

Lower cinebench scores with official .8. That's odd.

Worked for me. As described by others, had a KP and then restarted the computer using the power button. On reboot, the system rebooted itself once and then it loaded up fine. Need to use Multibeast to redo the audio.

My computer configuration should be located in my signature:

Just noticed something. Everyone saying they are having issues with 5770s on 10.6.8 has an i5-760. Everyone reporting success has an i5-2600k. Something to do with the new kernel perhaps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back