Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.6.8 Update - The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
AvP78 said:
After updating to 10.6.8 the keyboard and the mouse how it is possible to treat doesn't work USB if the mouse doesn't work? Thank.

I made the same mistake keyboard and mouse doesn't work, reason I did not follow the instruction. I can't see any work around on this. What I did is re-install everything, I am not to worried because i have a backup. So I think you have to re-install and before you re-start run multibeast and install all the ioc and usb ktext. Hope this help

ixionx said:
I have a 5870 running 3 monitors. 2 at 1920x1200 and 1 at 2560x1600. The 2560x1600 one wouldn't work after the 10.6.8 update. I tried unplugging, replugging, changing ports etc... but it still wouldn't work.

I had to rollback the ATI drivers to those from 10.6.5 using this http://www.kexts.com/view/631-original_ ... kexts.html

All monitors working again after the rollback! :D

Hi, i have the same card and I would like to know how do you configured your card to load 3 displays, I tried a lot of combination and nothing, thanks in advance.

The fix for the "PCI Configuration begin" error "ncpi=0x2000", what exactly does this flag do.

tonymacx86 said:
Ok- I just updated iBoot to 3.1.1 which now has the PCI configuration begin fix included- download and burn this- then use it to rescue your drive.

GREAT -THANKS.
Does running MULTIBEAST with any options/kexts undo this fix?

Installed 10.6.8, reran Multibeast => fails to boot from harddrive. Does not seem to be the PCIroot problem as when booting with -v option the screen stops (and with it the machine) at various places.
Machine will boot from the HD if I start it from an iboot 3.1.1 CD and all appears to operate OK. I have tried to rerun MultiBeast to reinstall the boot loader to see if that fixes it without success.
The machine is a i5 650 in a Gigabyte P55A-UD4P revision 2.0 (BIOS version F14) with 4x 4Gb RAM modules, 2x SATA 500GB WD (1 for Windows, 1 for Mac)+ 1x 1TB Seagate (for Linux) HDDs, 1x LG Blueray DVD burner, and an IDE DVDRW (which is not of course recognised when in MacOS).
As a newbie to Macx86's I'd welcome suggestions as to what to try to get it to boot from HDD.

Wanted to send a quick report that my update to 10.6.8 was a success. These were the steps I used to get there:

• Download and install 10.6.8 Combo Update
    Reboot into safe mode with no Graphics
    Installed AppleHDA Rollback and IOUSB Family Rollback kexts from Multibeast
    Restart

Still need to work on getting QE/CI enabled for my video card but no problems with video so far.
UPDATE:
Just applied Netkas' 10.6.8 Exotic update and QE/CI is working. Was able to load iMovie for video editing and graphics seemed must snappier. Default framebuffer is still loading on boot but going to do some testing with iMovie and DVD player to see if it is a problem or not.

hey guys, ok i finally got my system working on 10.6.8 with the fixed IOPCIFamily.kext

my setup is:
Asus maximus III formula
evga gts 450 1gb ddr5
intel quad core i5 760

there is one hitch now though:
even though i have installed the official nvidia quadro package... it's not working. Partially, i think, it has to do with the fact that os x isnt recognizing my gts 450 anymore.

Here is what it is being recognized as:
Display:

Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x8
VRAM (Total): 5 MB
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x0dc4
Revision ID: 0x00a1
Displays:
Display:
Resolution: 1280 x 1024
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes

if anyone can help me get my card recognized again that would be AWESOME...

thanks,
cameron

I can't boot into Mac os x even with iboot, any solutions??!?!?

hello! everyone.

my system as follows:

mb - ga-z68a-d3h-b3
cpu - i7 2600
ram - kingston 1600 4gb
hd - wd 1tb 7200 64mb
graphic - asus gtx430 1gb dd3

my installation sequence as follows:
iboot 3.1.1 -> mac osx 10.6.3 -> mac osx 10.6.7 combo update -> bridgehelper 2.1.0 -> multibeast 3.7.3 easybeast only -> boot successfully without iboot

i tried to update to 10.6.8 in next stage. i have tried many times with different ways which mentioned here but i still fail. Please help.

Hello!

MSI P55-CD53 and DSDT

Combo-Update 10.6.8, no problems, but AppleHDA-rollback.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back