Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.6.8 Update - The Official Laptop Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
On a Lenovo T420 i7 2620m Intel graphics

I can install and boot the retail DVD but all attempts to install 10.6.8 crash in the last minute of the installation, then I have to delete the partition and create it again to even be able to reinstall the retail DVD.

Should also mention I got wireless working with vendor supplied driver, usb adapter. Its available from meritline.com called Tenda, is only 10 bucks and works very well within 30 foot range.

hey guys,
i've updated to 10.6.8 without any problems after replacing APPLEACPIPlatform.kext and IOPCIFamily.kext. successfully boot into the system,

there are though two problems that i still cannot solve.
if i do not use iBoot, my ethernet keeps on detecting my ip address.
wether if i use iBoot or not, my laptop screen just won't show anything, so i need to connect to my 24" monitor. My Toshiba Satellite A100, has this 15.4" screen and 1280x800 resolution and i am pretty sure it has a 950gm graphics card. so..why wouldn't it show anything on its own screen? :beachball: :beachball:

I apologize in advance if this has been asked/answered. I tried searching and googling quite a bit, but haven't found a solution to either of my problems.

Vanilla install of 10.6.0 from retail DVD worked great with Chameleon boot CD w/ voodoops2controller. I had keyboard support. Trackpad recognized touches, but cursor would jump all over. On-board 440x Ethernet worked without issues. Video was only 1024x768.

After the 10.6.8 update, I run Multibeast + re-installed the voodoops2controller kexts. Video now works well at 1440x900, but I have a few new issues:

1st issue: built-in keyboard and trackpad do not work at all
2nd issue: Ethernet will work for a short period of time, but then stop working. Downloads will slowly stop pulling data (never times out). Attempts to release/renew the IP address fail and my IP address is lost. Resetting, unplugging cable, etc have no effect. The only thing that jump starts it working again is a reboot.

Any pointers in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Dell Inspiron 1720
Core2Due T7250 2.0Ghz
Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT
Broadcom 440x 10/100
Intel 3945 Wireless (I know this will not work)
Sigmatel 9205 Audio

Just updated my ASUS G73JW (Nvidia 460m). After having to do quite a bit of research to set video up previously via a custom DSDT, I was not happy to see a black screen on reboot. However, it turns out that all I needed to do to get graphics working was to get rid of the custom DSDT and install the standard EasyBeast install with GraphicsEnabler set to "Yes."

Having gotten graphics visible, I found that the latest NVIDIA drivers screwed up the graphics in the 3D app I work on. I had to uninstall the new drivers (Retail_256.02.25f1v1) and install the previous driver set (Retail_256.01.00f03v7) instead.

In case anyone else needs to do this, run the “NVIDIA Driver Restore.mpkg” package from /Library/Application Support/NVIDIA to uninstall the new drivers.
After doing this, reboot and install Retail_256.01.00f03v7. If OSX tells you that there are already drivers installed, right click on the package and click "Show Package Contents." Navigate down to Contents/Packages. Install all 3 packages from this directory.
Reboot and (hopefully) you're done.

I was bored so I decided to try Hackintoshing my Toshiba Satellite A100/PSAA8C-0FH00E.

Used iBoot Legacy and Retail 10.6
Quickly fooled around and noticed I have no wifi/ethernet

Upgraded using 10.6.8 combo and ran multibeast and now my trackpad/keyboard have stopped working. Multi-beast wasn't successful when I selected EasyBeast and System Utilities so I clicked EasyBeast and just ran disk utility to fix permissions.

Any recommendations on how to fix wifi/ethernet and keyboard/trackpad?

vijer said:

I can install and boot the retail DVD but all attempts to install 10.6.8 crash in the last minute of the installation, then I have to delete the partition and create it again to even be able to reinstall the retail DVD.
I have the same problem as you with my Thinkpad X1

Hello guys
I installed osx snow leoprad on my hp using iboot and then ran the updatehelper then the combo update for 10.6.8 i patched with multibeast but each time i try to boot i get please restart your computer message

kikendo said:
vijer said:

I have the same problem as you with my Thinkpad X1

After you install from the retail dvd Just run the updatehelper reboot then apply the combo update. It worked for me

hello guys ivea problem with the combo Update 10.6.8 i can install it without any issues but wenn i try to boot with multibeast my screen looks terrible and osx doesnt boot to desktop
my system:

intel Core i7 2630Qm (Sandybridge)
Nvidia Geforce GT 520M
MSI A6405 Laptop

the fix from page 2 doesnt work for me 2 days i only See kernel panics and this screen

(sorry for my bad english i´m from germany thanks)

Attachments

• IMG_0162.JPG
    IMG_0162.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 153
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back