Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.6.7 Update - The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shuttle SX58J3
10.6.7 Update via Software Update = had kernel panic on reboot.
Removed SleepEnabler.kext, reinserted NVidia video card ID strings
Now working well though currently without sleep support.

Shuttle SX58J3 | i7 950 | Gigabyte 8400 GS 512K rev 2 | DLink DWA 556 | DLink DBT 120 C1

Well, I lost audio after all. I just ran multibeast and decided to install only the ALC8XX kext, and feeling adventurous, forego downgrading my AppleHDA.kext again. Well, motherboard audio returned, but this time my SoundBlaster Live is no longer picked up by OS X. I booted the Hackintosh into a Linux LiveCD to do a LSPCI (I boot into the 64-bit kernel by default) and the card was indeed picked up.

I reckon either the new AppleHDA blocks kX, or the ALC8XX injector has a diminutive side effect. No worries tho, the SBLive is coming out this weekend, I had no chance to use it for it's intended purposes.

As a last ditch effort tho, I will reinstall the kX drivers again.

I eat my words. The reinstall was just what the doctor ordered. I did a reinstall on the kX drivers, and then ran disk utility to verify the disk and permissions. Then I restarted and bam! card back on screen.

Aside from that minor calamity, Everything else still works as they should.

Used Software Update for 10.6.7, kernal panic on reboot with 10.6.6 SleepEnabler, removed sleep kext and all is OK. Then used MultiBeast 3.4, applied new ATI drivers, replaced Chameleon ATI Experimental, with RC5 v.699, graphicsenabler=NO. So far so good. Still testing.

Update went like a charm - didn't even need to reset my audio and video. Perfect!

Hello.
Am using following HW.
Asus P5KPL-CM
Nvidia 9500GT
100GB sata HD dedicated only for OSX.
4 gb Ram
I had installed fresh 10.6.3 it was booting okay from HD .Then i downloaded 10.6.7 combo
and installed as per the Tony's instruction.Ran multibeast before i rebooted.STill i can't boot from HD .error says restart computer by pressing power button.
Though i can boot through iboot easily.Can anyone please guide me how can i boot from HD directly.Am kind of new with mac on intel computer.but its cool.Any input i will appreciate.

Hello,

I did a very stupid thing installing the Update via Software-Update (just forgot it´s not my little mac mini any more...).
Tried to reboot but now the little startup wheel spins endlessly.
After giving me the whipping I deserved I tried booting with -x -v and -graphicsenabler=no but still I can´t get into the system.

On the screen it shows

ATY_Init: Starting (which is funny since I deleted it after changing from easybeast to userdsdt!)
HDAEnabler: Copyright (c) 2008 by Kabyl
HDAEnabler: 05/05/2008 Added SP-Audio support by Taruga
HDAEnabler: 03/07/2009 Compiled for 32764-bit by Taruga

These messages keep reaccuring after a while.

Is there any chance for me to reenter the system or do I have to reinstall completely?

Thanks for tips, suggestions or suitable reminders not to be stupid
RobbieTobbie

Is there

RobbieTobbie said:
Hello,

I did a very stupid thing installing the Update via Software-Update (just forgot it´s not my little mac mini any more...).
Tried to reboot but now the little startup wheel spins endlessly.
After giving me the whipping I deserved I tried booting with -x -v and -graphicsenabler=no but still I can´t get into the system.

On the screen it shows

ATY_Init: Starting (which is funny since I deleted it after changing from easybeast to userdsdt!)
HDAEnabler: Copyright (c) 2008 by Kabyl
HDAEnabler: 05/05/2008 Added SP-Audio support by Taruga
HDAEnabler: 03/07/2009 Compiled for 32764-bit by Taruga

These messages keep reaccuring after a while.

Is there any chance for me to reenter the system or do I have to reinstall completely?

Thanks for tips, suggestions or suitable reminders not to be stupid
RobbieTobbie

Is there

I had the same endless startup. I started up without GraphicsEnabler and i saved every important file, preferences (for example keychain files) etc., and then i had to install 10.6.7 to a clear system. Now this new system works like dream, but i have to reinstall every apps and set everything back to normal. I learned about from this: always clone your disk before every update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back