Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.6.7 Update - The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Software update worked for me. No problems at all.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-03-23 at 20.12.16.png
    Screen shot 2011-03-23 at 20.12.16.png
    30.8 KB · Views: 203
Installed via Software Update > No problems....

:headbang:

Edith:
Great!! Sound works....i can't believe....wtf...thx apple!!
i have nothing to do, after the update the sound works and i wondering why. cool :lol:

I have a strange problem. First of all, i deleted all caches before installing 10.6.7 Combo Update. After this installation it stucked at the grey Apple boot logo with that spinnig something.
1. reboot to Win7, add 0x68BE1002 to ATI5000Controller.kext's info.plist. - did't work, stucked at Apple logo
2. then i set GraphicsEnabler to 'No' - the system works, but no graphics card recognition (and i had to install Audio Rollback.) - so i fixed permissions and rebuilt caches without luck when i set back GraphicsEnabler to 'Yes'.

My question is: what can i do? :(

Update GA-EP-45-DS3 with combo 10.6.7 , applied tonymacx86 NVIDIA Update then run multibeast and installed IOUSBFamily,kext.
Everything works just fine!
Thanks Tony! :thumbup:

Updated from 10.6.6 successfully. Sound worked, sleep worked, ethernet worked. The only issue I had was bluetooth sleep/wake. I had to reapply Notshy's fix.

Edit: Onboard audio was fixed with Multibeast, my USB audio adapter worked through the update (natively with OS X). Bluetooth was not working at all until I applied Not Shy's fix.

I read about everyone's success with Software Update... so like a noob I did my TM backup and said what the heck...

Panic on reboot because I forgot about the USB Rollback. So when I boot up, my network adapter works from the front I/O panel but the keyboard and mouse plugged in to the rear panel don't work at all.

So, iFail. Gonna have to iBoot into SL Install Disk and restore from TM backup unless there's an easier way.

Boo, hiss. Stupid me.

mwparrish said:
I read about everyone's success with Software Update... so like a noob I did my TM backup and said what the heck...

Panic on reboot because I forgot about the USB Rollback. So when I boot up, my network adapter works from the front I/O panel but the keyboard and mouse plugged in to the rear panel don't work at all.

So, iFail. Gonna have to iBoot into SL Install Disk and restore from TM backup unless there's an easier way.

Boo, hiss. Stupid me.

This time around setup CCC and add another drive, have the schedule update your clone daily and never have that problem again from testing software. I'm going to test 10.6.7 on my clone drive, just click a key during boot-up and select the other drive and test it all you want. I first went to restore from TM till I seen how long it was going to take. Time machine is only good as a secondary backup in my opinion, full backups and restore take way too long. But its great to pull a single folder or file from your backup.

bones123 said:
mwparrish said:

Boo, hiss. Stupid me.

This time around setup CCC and add another drive, have the schedule update your clone daily and never have that problem again from testing software. I'm going to test 10.6.7 on my clone drive, just click a key during boot-up and select the other drive and test it all you want. I first went to restore from TM till I seen how long it was going to take. Time machine is only good as a secondary backup in my opinion, full backups and restore take way too long. But its great to pull a single folder or file from your backup.

Yeah, I dual boot and use Win7 a lot so auto-CCC backups aren't really suitable. Nevertheless, since my wireless USB stick still works, Back to my Mac should too. In theory, I should be able to remote in and reapply the kexts and repair permissions and be off to the races. We shall see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back