Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.6.7 Update - The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
updated with combo and all ok.
Only need to reinstall tonymacx86 nvidia update.

And by the way i turned off matchdesktop and gtx460 still no freeze (testing).

Automatic updates worked fine; no need to fix anything.

Jobs is in his office; all's right with my install. (apologies to Robert Browning)

notshy said:
jschmidt1340 said:
NO GO for me on 10.6.7. Ran update from Combo Update package.

When booting, I receive a Kernel Panic running 10.6.7 immediately upon the appearance of the Apple logo.

It says the following (left out all the codes. Some blocked by window):

--------------

panic(cpi 0 caller 0x2ab7a2): "Version mis-match between Kernel and CPU PM"@/SourceCache/xnu/xnu-1504.9.37/osfmk/i386/pmCPI.c:707
Debugger called: <panic>

XXX

Kernel Extensions in backtrac...
sk.triacis.kect.SleepEnabl

BSD process name corresponding to c

Mac OS version:
Not yet set

Kernel version:
Darwin Kernel Version 10.7.0: Sat
System model name: MacPro3,1

System uptime in nanoseconds: 47441

------------------

Here is my config:

Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R v2.0 BIOS = FE
Core i7-920
Sapphire ATI 5870
12GB DDR3 1333MHz
Custom DSDT-GA-X58A-UD3R-2.0-FE.aml
Optical: 1 X Sony BDRW BWU-200S SATA-II
1 X Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-218 SATA-II
Using Chameleon 2.0 RC5 Kabyl r748

For my install, overall I used the instructions provided at: viewtopic.php?f=81&t=11221

It DOES boot successfully with iBoot 2.7. It does NOT boot using bootloader on HD.

I'm still a n00b here so I'm not sure how to troubleshoot.

Any assistance is appreciated!

Take a look at my install guide that is much the same for JPAs but is for ATI cards.

The issue looks like it is coming from SleepEnabler kext which I know from previous updates is specific to each OSX update. Why are you running sleep enabler?

Have you tried booting using safe mode - at the Chameleon screen type:
Code:
-x

Thank you so much for your help! I was running the SleepEnabler because that was in JPAs guide. I removed it and still had some problems initially. So, I decided to re-run MultiBeast using your settings. Now I'm up and running! Thanks again!

SleepEnabler isn't specific to each update, but it is programmed to make an assumption about the version of the Power Management system. Historically this was incremented each OS update (it was always minor_version_number + 16) however it has stayed at version 21 since 10.6.5.

The maintainers of SleepEnabler patched it for 10.6.6 to be a special case preserving the previous version. However 10.6.7 has also remained at 21 and SleepEnabler has not yet had this special case added to the code.

When it has, which I expect to be soon, you can download the new version and install it. Until then you could add a new entry to your com.apple.Boot.plist of the form:

<key>pmVersion</key>
<string>21</string>

Edit: ^^^^ I got that wrong sorry.

You add "pmVersion=21" to the Kernel Flags section.

(Make sure you re-evaluate this when updating in future though, if there is a 10.6.8, or if you download a future release of SleepEnabler).

moshymoshy said:
SleepEnabler isn't specific to each update, but it is programmed to make an assumption about the version of the Power Management system. Historically this was incremented each OS update (it was always minor_version_number + 16) however it has stayed at version 21 since 10.6.5.

The maintainers of SleepEnabler patched it for 10.6.6 to be a special case preserving the previous version. However 10.6.7 has also remained at 21 and SleepEnabler has not yet had this special case added to the code.

When it has, which I expect to be soon, you can download the new version and install it. Until then you could add a new entry to your com.apple.Boot.plist of the form:

<key>pmVersion</key>
<string>21</string>

(Make sure you re-evaluate this when updating in future though, if there is a 10.6.8, or if you download a future release of SleepEnabler).

Thank you for this explanation. ;)

Everything OK here through Software Update ;)

Bansaku said:
I actually have an issue with the update that I would have liked to have resolved, but no luck. Ever since I updated the new ATI.kexts from the MBP install DVD, Geekbench and DVD Player crash on launch. Since I updated to 10.6.7 (even a clean install/update) the problem still persists. I thought it may have been the bootloader, but I have excluded that as the problem. I am not alone here either, it has been reported as well over at Netkas.org. Anyone else experiencing this problem?

I have the same problem with a 5770. I have never used DVD player, but it crashes as does yours. There is obviously more work to be done.

Upgraded with zero issues. Not playing with kexts, kernel panics or other mysteries to solve. It just works.

going to try and it in the 64bit apple boot screen see how i get on :)

it is working awesomely on my intel dp35dp with quad q6600 and nvidia 8400se
just install the update and used easybeast before restart...
cheers..:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back