Register

Mac OS X 10.6.7 Update - The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
jpa said:
new driver nividia

Retail_256.01.00f03v6 for 10.6.7

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

The same drivers are in this package- it's just that NVIDIA has to keep changing it's distribution file for the latest OS version so that it works, ie. 10.6.7. We've removed the restriction in the tonymacx86 NVIDIA Update. Only difference.

The drivers are the same old ones:

NVDAGF100Hal:

Version: 1.3.4
Last Modified: 10/10/10 11:14 PM
Get Info String: NVDAGF100Hal 1.3.4.0 (256.01.00f03)
Kind: Intel
Architectures: i386, x86_64
64-Bit (Intel): Yes
Kext Version: 3.0.4
Load Address: 0xffffff7f80c37000
Valid: Yes
Authentic: Yes
Dependencies: Satisfied

success via Software Update!
Audio and USB still good

only had to use tonymac nVidia update and restart once moresuccess.png

Attachments

• success.png
    success.png
    30.4 KB · Views: 402
tonymacx86 said:
jpa said:
new driver nividia

Retail_256.01.00f03v6 for 10.6.7

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

The same drivers are in this package- it's just that NVIDIA has to keep changing it's distribution file for the latest OS version so that it works, ie. 10.6.7. We've removed the restriction in the tonymacx86 NVIDIA Update. Only difference.

The drivers are the same old ones:

NVDAGF100Hal:

Version: 1.3.4
Last Modified: 10/10/10 11:14 PM
Get Info String: NVDAGF100Hal 1.3.4.0 (256.01.00f03)
Kind: Intel
Architectures: i386, x86_64
64-Bit (Intel): Yes
Kext Version: 3.0.4
Load Address: 0xffffff7f80c37000
Valid: Yes
Authentic: Yes
Dependencies: Satisfied

thanks

Guys,

Everybody seems to be having success with simply updating their working SB hacks. Can anyone show me how we can get a new installation working? Built an i5 last year using mutibeast/iBoot and it was a breeze. Can't even get to boot with vanilla 10.6.3 and iBoot, and don't want to use bridge helper (keeping it clean see) so I can see no way to utilize this latest update.

Kind of a chicken and egg thing. Any ideas?

Moondog said:
Guys,

Everybody seems to be having success with simply updating their working SB hacks. Can anyone show me how we can get a new installation working? Built an i5 last year using mutibeast/iBoot and it was a breeze. Can't even get to boot with vanilla 10.6.3 and iBoot, and don't want to use bridge helper (keeping it clean see) so I can see no way to utilize this latest update.

Kind of a chicken and egg thing. Any ideas?
Tried to boot after updating to 10.6.7 and got stuck at the Apple Logo. Had to reinstall bridge helper and I was able to boot just fine. Didn't want to use it either, but the system is running 24x7 (until I had this small issue with the update) without any problems so I can't complain.

Heads up. The posts over at the MacInouch site indicate some cache issues that have to be dealt with for iTunes after the update to 10.6.7.
http://www.macintouch.com/readerreports ... d22mar2011

It's always a good...no, great idea to run Fix Permissions (Disk Utility or Onyx or ...) before and after a system update. Using Onyx or another utility which clears caches before and/or after an update is another great idea. :thumbup:

Also working for me: audio; graphics; sleep and ethernet. also runned novabench and results are in line as before. just (re)installed audio rollback to be sure

After having a day of college and home ill.Hackintosh 10.6.7

After messing around abit and advancing step by step i have finally got my system fully working :) i have just updated to 10.6.7 and it is fine. it has full QE/CI

Mobo:GA-H55M-UD2H
CPU-i5-760
GPU- XFX radeonHD 5770
8gb of ripjaw ram

Great support here :)

Attachments

• 10.6.7 Picture.tiff
    2.4 MB · Views: 724
Hey guys, am I the only one having issues with 10.6.7? I followed the instructions here:
http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/03/ ... -2011.html

I have a Sandy Bridge processor and Im running it at 3.2Ghz (the i7 2600k) and after installing the update I cannot get the machine to restart using chameleon anymore (was working for 10.6.6). Using iBoot Legacy (which has worked fine for me before) I get stuck at '[ PCI CONFIGURATION BEGIN ]'

Sometimes it sits there and sometimes it restarts.

For 10.6.6 I was using the following boot flags:

-v -force64 arch=i386 PciRoot=1 busratio=29

I have tried every combination of those to get it running using iBoot and ive been unsuccessful thus far. I get stuck at the same message.

Any ideas?

Edit: I have also tried -x and -s. No dice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back