Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.6.7 Update - The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
jlb0305 said:
I know 10.6.8 has been out for a while now but I'm just trying to get my system working before I update again.

I had 10.6.7 installed with keyboard working but ran into an issue trying to fix the trackpad where no matter what i did the keyboard stopped working.

Wiped the system, reinstalled 10.6.3, then updated to 10.6.7. Now the system won't boot. I've tried several things and get different errors depending on what I try, but still no boot. If I go back to 10.6.3 its fine.

Most consistent issue is "ApplePS2ALPSGlidePoint" issues followed by disk0s(#): ioctl(_IOR,'d',79,4) is unsupported.

other common one is "launchctl: please convert the following launchd: /etc/mach_init.d/dashboardadvisoryd.plist systemShutdown false.

It will hang on one of these. I let it sit for half an hour. I have tried installing 10.6.7 with custom DSDT, easybeast, no multibeast, booting with -x -v -f and combinations there of.

any ideas? As I said I previously had it working but when I cleared and reinstalled I can't get it back.

Although this is old, I'm a firm believe is answering questions other are seeking the answer to. The problem is that the update installs AppleIntelHDGraphics kexts which your hackintosh probably doesn't support natively. Remove them.

rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelHD*

Also note that if you're using iBoot which is using a custom mach_kernel that could be causing an issue as well. The iBoot kernel isn't going to work with the update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back