Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.6.6 Update - The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so I messed up. Like several people here I blew away my USB set up. So now I can't get my keyboard or mouse working. I've seen several posts of people fixing the problem (USB Rollback) on their own but so far I haven't been able to figure out how they are doing it without Keyboard or mouse access. Can somebody help out?

froalskiner said:
Ok, so I messed up. Like several people here I blew away my USB set up. So now I can't get my keyboard or mouse working. I've seen several posts of people fixing the problem (USB Rollback) on their own but so far I haven't been able to figure out how they are doing it without Keyboard or mouse access. Can somebody help out?

I assume you're using a non-DSDT system- with an EasyBeast install method?

1. Boot with iBoot
2. At Chameleon boot screen, choose your drive
3. When you get to the desktop, install EasyBeast + System Utilities
4. Reboot

tonymacx86 said:
froalskiner said:

I assume you're using a non-DSDT system- with an EasyBeast install method?

1. Boot with iBoot
2. At Chameleon boot screen, choose your drive
3. When you get to the desktop, install EasyBeast + System Utilities
4. Reboot

To be honest I don't remember if I'm non-dsdt or not. I used multibeast about a year ago for the initial install and it's been running great since then so I haven't messed with it. I can get to the desktop but since my keyboard is USB it's not working so I can't navigate the desktop at all. I'll try the method above.

I made a backup of my extra folder but I don't know how to get into safe mode so do a manual copy either. Ugh...

EDIT: iBoot got my keyboard and USB drives back! Thanks!

I just updated using Software Update. I installed only the 10.6.6 Update, none of the other stuff that Apple suggested.

Video, Sound, USB, and my RealTek 81xx NIC card all worked properly after the reboot.
On-board NIC is still not working, but I think the port itself is dead as it doesn't work in Windows7 either.

App store is a neat idea, but I doubt I'll actually buy anything. Maybe I'll download some freebies.

All is good. Thanks Tony and everyone else who contributes to the project! :thumbup:

Just updated and everything is working great. I'm booting 64 bit with sound, wifi, & full graphics (HD 4850) on GA-P55_UD3R Rev. 1

Updated from 10.6.3 to 10.6.6 using the downloaded combo update.

Install failed, ran it again. Ran MultiBeast for rebuilding kexts & caches, reinstalled the audio kexts.

Works well. I have a kernel panic about once a day and I can't figure it out. Console shows the error, but I can't understand the logs:

1/17/11 9:47:32 AM com.apple.UserEventAgent-LoginWindow[90] ALF error: cannot find useragent 1102
1/17/11 9:47:32 AM com.apple.UserEventAgent-LoginWindow[90] plugin.UserEventAgentFactory: called with typeID=FC86416D-6164-2070-726F-70735C216EC0
1/17/11 9:47:32 AM com.apple.launchd.peruser.501[98] (com.apple.ReportCrash) Falling back to default Mach exception handler. Could not find: com.apple.ReportCrash.Self
1/17/11 9:47:39 AM com.apple.WindowServer[79] Mon Jan 17 09:47:39 Shuttle10.6.6.local WindowServer[79] <Error>: kCGErrorFailure: Set a breakpoint @ CGErrorBreakpoint() to catch errors as they are logged.
1/17/11 9:47:40 AM com.apple.launchd.peruser.501[98] (com.apple.Kerberos.renew.plist[118]) Exited with exit code: 1

Aside from the occasional kernel panic, everything else works great. I hope to figure it out and then this build should be perfect.

Hi,
since I update to 10.6.6 I have a strange problem. :crazy:
I boot : no problem,
I re-boot : no USB (keyboard ....)
( I suppose this is due to a bios modification because I cannot enter the bios menu.)
I re-re-boot : no problem ...
and so on
I can solve the problem if I reinstall the SL update and not the kext for the ethernet.
It comes back as soon as I reinstall the AppleRTL8169 ethernet kext. :geek:
My config GA P55A UD4, i7 870, 4 Go, XFX 5770 single slot
I am not the only one with this problem :
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=11055
Please help !
booting or surfing ... I'd like not to have to choose ;)

has anyone been able to load any other iterations of osx on an hp envy i7 14t-1100? ive tried multiple builds, which unfortunately keep failing. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Hi @all.

I have a strange problem. iBoot and iBoot Legacy doesnt boot and hang after :

"mounting: done
/"

Maybe Bios setting-mistake? But 10.6.5 run very stable and without any problems. I used only the USBfix, VoodoHDA, RealtekR1000.kext and NVenabler.kext.

I have updated 10.6.5 on a i7 non DST system and forgot to make the usbrollback!!!! :(((((
I dont have Mouse & Keyb. at all. I guess we all need a rescuedisk with the IOUSBFamily.kext on it to copy it in the right place /systel/Library/Extensions i remember.

Or is thee another way to get back my mouse? I am very frustrated because my fault and need the box to work on it! :(

Many thx for any clues.

Sorry: My MB is GA-X58A-UD3R, i7, GTX-260

Udo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back