Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.6.6 Update - The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did a reinstall... The screen started to flickering... all I had to do was change screen resolution and back again. Haha to bad I didnt try that the first time. I have now transfered all my programs and stuff to my new install. Now I need to get my network to work... Realtek RTL8111D (this is written in win7)

edit: Now the snow leopard started with black screen... took out the dvi cable and putted it inn agian and things was fine. The network just started working...hehe

new edit: the machine was sooo slow. So I did the opimise bios. and no its on track...

Looks nice :)

dropkickwalker said:
ivokik

Perhaps you should check to see if anything has changed in your BIOS? I read somewhere that some boards (P55) lose/reset bios settings upon reboot. If so, there's a DSDT fix. Apologies if you are already aware of this.

I assume that once OSX is loaded, you have re-run Multibeast and executed the System Utilities option after installing the bootloader?

Regards...

It actually restarts my CMOS prior to DSDT patching, but after that everythings ok with the CMOS.

Tried 10.6.4 but gave me another kernel panic before installation ends. Really don't know whats going on. Is there any one there to help me? :oops: :(

And now I have to change screen resolution everytime I start the machine... hm.. Otherwise the screen goes black the hole time. I change it to a lower resolution first and then I change it back. Then its ok... Suggestions?

lukarak said:
Installed by accident, rebooted in 1024 (Fermi). Installed NVIDIA update, everything else was working already. After the update i only noticed that the colors of the dock were a little more vibrant. Has anyone noticed that?

I noticed the same on my calibrated system. After updating, the luminance went from around 140cd to over 160cd. The profile (hardware calibrated) however, was still pretty accurate. I have hardware brightness control disabled so can imagine something changed my system (contrast, brightness) settings or drivers.

I tried this as an experiment:

1. iBoot + Mac OS X 10.6.0 Retail DVD
2. Mac OS X 10.6.3 v1.1 Combo Update

This gave me the same kernel panic that I'm receiving with the update of Mac OS X 10.6.6.

The only difference is that I can revive when updating to 10.6.3 v1.1 but not on 10.6.6. And also I can install a Mac OS X 10.6.3 Retail DVD without receiving any kernel panic.

I really am not quite sure what is going on and quite frustrated. I really wish that someone could help me with this. I've been trying since day one of 10.6.6 update, countless hours and sleepless nights.. Maybe its time to give up... :cry:

erbtype said:
Read the comments here, installed via software update, no issues to report nor any need to run MBeast post-install.

i5 750
Asus HD5770
Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4 (F7)
No dsdt

oh man! great news! you have the exact same same up as me! different bios tho, im with F12. i shall try it when i have a chance then.

i5 660
H55M-USB3
Twin Frozr

all looks great. I even have monolingual to retain only 32b and 64b intel.

thanks
S

Updates flawless on my rig, only audio driver rollback needed.

All is fine for me, only audio driver rollback needed.
The four outputs (HDMI+MiniDisplay+2xDVI) of my XFX 5770 single slot are shown now in System Information (but I don't know if it's the 10.6.6 update or the new Kabyl bootloader...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back