Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.6.6 Update - The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fresh install in i7, GA-X58A-UD3R v2, gtx 460??

steps..

thanks

Just installed 10.6.6 via Software Update, (not combo download), no issues, App Store in the dock.

My own configuration:
Asus P7P55D Deluxe
Intel i7 875 2.93Ghz
8Gb DD3 1333Mhz A-Data
Gigabyte Radeon HD 5770 1024MB GDDR5
Dual Monitors HP 2159m

Well poop. This means that there's still no hope for the 5xx folks getting QE/CI working. Back to the drawing board!

I just updated and my screen resolution has gone to 1200 x 800. I Have tried to run the NVidia Update but it wont let me install, it says it needs version 10.6.5 or later.

Also when i reach the log in screen it takes ages for it to allow me to register a keystroke or mouse click. The caps lock key lights up and my magic-pad allows me to move the cursor just not click. After about 4-5 minutes all the keystrokes and clicks register at once.

I am going to try a fresh install.

is it save to update via "Software Updater" with my current set-up ?

SpankyMo said:
I just updated and my screen resolution has gone to 1200 x 800. I Have tried to run the NVidia Update but it wont let me install, it says it needs version 10.6.5 or later.

Also when i reach the log in screen it takes ages for it to allow me to register a keystroke or mouse click. The caps lock key lights up and my magic-pad allows me to move the cursor just not click. After about 4-5 minutes all the keystrokes and clicks register at once.

You can use the standard NVIDIA Update. You'll need a Mac Pro System Definition from MultiBeast to use it. ;) We're fixing our universal updater.

tonymacx86 said:
SpankyMo said:

You can use the standard NVIDIA Update. You'll need a Mac Pro System Definition from MultiBeast to use it. ;) We're fixing our universal updater.

Updated using the method above and works great! I had to use the Apple HDA rollback for audio but was pretty easy. Painless update for the hackintosh owner really :) Thank you :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back