Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.6.5 Update - The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Captzoots said:
Graphics Noticeably Slower in Steam Games, TF2, CSS

So after two days and 6 attempts I have finally upgraded to 10.6.5. When I Installed from the combo update the cpu wouldnt boot, when i installed from the system update I was able to restart with no USB. I booted to my windows disk and copied over the kexts from 10.6.4 for my iousfamily and iousbmasstorage and it worked. Only problem is I have seen a large frame rate drop in my steam games (CSS,TF2), Anyone know how to fix this it worked fine in 10.6.4. I installed the NVenabler again with multibeast but there was no improvement.
Thanks

BTW Tonymac's site is great!

Sorry for the repost, I am new to the forum

Experiencing the same here - on my hack and on my Apple MacBookPro. 2D Runs perfect, 3D is not usable, as fps are down to 15-25 fps on both systems.

I´ve started a new thread for this problem - please post there: viewtopic.php?f=68&t=7753

qbdx4338 said:
Hey everyone, I finally got 10.6.5 to install on my dp55wb intel board, thanks to maniac i also got the usb to work. My only concern right now is that in 10.6.4 i was able to use my media card reader, after updating though now im unable to.

its a
Rosewill RCR-IC001 40-in-1 USB 2.0 3.5" Internal Card Reader w/ USB port / Extra silver face plate
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6820223103

does anyone know how i can get osx to detect this again?

hey everyone, i was able to fix my problem by using the IOUSBFamily.kext and IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext from using the 10.6 snow leopard disc version. It has better support for me.

I installed this described by Maniac,

"Ran Multibeast, ignoring audio drivers (my audio runs through my usb Mbox), but running the IOUSBFAMILY rollback.
-Ran Kext Utility
-Repaired Disc Permissions in Disk Utility (my external usb drives didnt even appear in here)
-(use attached zip)
-installed the above kexts using Kext Helper b7
-Ran Kext Utility

..Now if i can get sleep to work on a dp55wb, anyone got any clues on how to do this?

Attachments

• iousbfamily10.6.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 86
Is anyone still inn 10.6.4?
Can you please upload or share your 10.6.4 NVDAResman.kext?
I would like to try using it here in 10.6.5
Thanks!

Non-DSDT and EasyBeast users only - Hold off on installing right now as there are issues with USB 1.0 devices. We hope to have a fix available shortly.

I ran the 10.6.5 combo and the USB3 kext. The only thing I needed to roll back was my audio. Everything works fine in 64 bit, except for sleep. The video turns off, but the computer doesn't hibernate, instead leaving the fans churning. Changing my sleep mode to S1 instead of S3 (in the BIOS) fixed the sleep issue without the need for a kext.

I also rolled back AppleGraphicsPowerManagement to 10.6.3 because I have a GTS250 which only gets about 8fps. A little bit of research with nvclock shows that the card isn't coming out of the low-power state at all.

After the combo and the update I get about 12fps, still ridiculously low. My CPU score is 2.83pts, also pretty low.

As soon as I get a bit more time on my hands I'm going to swap out for my ATI 4650 again--I can get at least 20fps using kexts.

melon said:
Is anyone still inn 10.6.4?
Can you please upload or share your 10.6.4 NVDAResman.kext?
I would like to try using it here in 10.6.5
Thanks!
Here ya go!
NVDAResman.kext.zip

Attachments

• NVDAResman.kext.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 97
Funny thing - I CCCed my working drive to my test drive and rebooted to the test drive. The combo update hadn't been posted yet, so I used the updater to update to 10.6.5. Rebooted after update as usual and no sound. Ran MB and replaced the 10.6.2 AppleHDA.kext in S/L/E and got sound back. Spent about 2 hours testing everything I could think of and everything worked. Checked on the forums I follow for awhile and saw the post here that the combo update was available, so went and downloaded it. Was late (for me - I have to get up at 4:30 AM) so, when combo update finished downloading, I shut down and went to bed. Got home yesterday and booted normally, CCCed the working drive to the test drive again and rebooted to the test drive. Ran the combo update on the test drive and rebooted. It booted back to the desktop - no problem; check sound, no sound, restore 10.6.2 AppleHDA.kext again and have sound; run a few checks, looking good. OK, time to test restart, shutdown and sleep. Apple - restart command and the system shuts down like normal (or starts to anyway) hangs up after monitor loses signal and sits there. Waited 15 minutes and used the manual restart button. Booted normally, but no keyboard, so I couldn't select the test drive to boot off of. No problem. When I get to working drive desktop, edit com.apple.boot.plist time delay to 0 so it will stop at the darwin post screen - and reboot. At darwin screen, no keyboard - unplug and replug - no joy. Unplug and plug into front USB port - works. Select test drive and boot it up. This time test shutdown - no joy - it hangs at about the same place as the restart. Never shuts off - all lights are on, motherboard still powered up have to hold down power button till it shuts off. Thought it might just need to be cycled, so turned off all power at the power supply - wait 2 minutes, turn it back on boot up. At darwin srceen, no keyboard again, unplug-replug, no joy. Plug it into the back port again where it was before - hey! it works. Boot test drive again and try restart and shutdown tests again with same results. Secure erased test drive and reformatted it. Glad I didn't update my working drive!
OK, does anyone know - what is the difference between the software updater 10.6.5 update and the combo update? Why did one work OK, but the other is a disaster?

Going Bald said:
Funny thing - I CCCed my working drive to my test drive and rebooted to the test drive. The combo update hadn't been posted yet, so I used the updater to update to 10.6.5. Rebooted after update as usual and no sound. Ran MB and replaced the 10.6.2 AppleHDA.kext in S/L/E and got sound back. Spent about 2 hours testing everything I could think of and everything worked. Checked on the forums I follow for awhile and saw the post here that the combo update was available, so went and downloaded it. Was late (for me - I have to get up at 4:30 AM) so, when combo update finished downloading, I shut down and went to bed. Got home yesterday and booted normally, CCCed the working drive to the test drive again and rebooted to the test drive. Ran the combo update on the test drive and rebooted. It booted back to the desktop - no problem; check sound, no sound, restore 10.6.2 AppleHDA.kext again and have sound; run a few checks, looking good. OK, time to test restart, shutdown and sleep. Apple - restart command and the system shuts down like normal (or starts to anyway) hangs up after monitor loses signal and sits there. Waited 15 minutes and used the manual restart button. Booted normally, but no keyboard, so I couldn't select the test drive to boot off of. No problem. When I get to working drive desktop, edit com.apple.boot.plist time delay to 0 so it will stop at the darwin post screen - and reboot. At darwin screen, no keyboard - unplug and replug - no joy. Unplug and plug into front USB port - works. Select test drive and boot it up. This time test shutdown - no joy - it hangs at about the same place as the restart. Never shuts off - all lights are on, motherboard still powered up have to hold down power button till it shuts off. Thought it might just need to be cycled, so turned off all power at the power supply - wait 2 minutes, turn it back on boot up. At darwin srceen, no keyboard again, unplug-replug, no joy. Plug it into the back port again where it was before - hey! it works. Boot test drive again and try restart and shutdown tests again with same results. Secure erased test drive and reformatted it. Glad I didn't update my working drive!
OK, does anyone know - what is the difference between the software updater 10.6.5 update and the combo update? Why did one work OK, but the other is a disaster?

Paragraphs are a wonderful thing. Try using them, please.

Just a note for users with rigs similar to mine...

The update went uneventful, everything works OOB after reboot, not even needed iBoot/multiBeast.

I used the Combo10.6.5 as I have multiple machines/partitions to update...

Guess that's the beauty of the P55M-UD4 with its ALC889a :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back