Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.6.5 Update - The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any way to run MultiBeast remotely i can login via SSH but not locally.

Removing the sleepenable worked but I seem to be stuck with usb problems, and as I can only remote login i'm a little stuffed. APPLEUSBEHCI seems to be stuck on shutting down too.
I really did dig myself in deep with this one, slowly I can see the surface again though.

Update working fine.

I installed AppleHDADisabler.kext just before this update, as my Voodoo (0.2.72) doesn't like AppleHDA, so for future upgrades rather than deleting AppleHDA every time this just blocks it.

I also almost had a heart failure as I had also just installed a new internal HD and done a time machine backup before the update... but forgot to check the boot priority order of the HDs, so when i booted after the update i got stuck at "Loading Operating System..." - and couldn't get into anything, with all combinations of iBoot (2.5.0) / -s / -x flags tried... then realised after much loud swearing. :banghead: :rolleyes: :headbang:

Roland K said:
KP, again and again ...
Now i use the new iBoot (thanks), same problem.
KP: mismatch between Kernel and CPU
on the screen i found: sk.triaxis.kext and sleepenabler behind the New Start Window.

DVD reinstall, but i found nothing about sk.triaxis.kext and sleepenabler.

Thanks for help :!:
what did you choose for the "smbios" option? iMac, MacPro? whatever EasyBeast selected by default for my Q6600, worked flawlessly after upgrading to 10.6.5 in 32-bit. only starting in 64-bit mode, did i started getting KPs. after some trail and error, i found by selecting the iMac profile, did 10.6.5 boot up in 64-bit (btw, you don't need to add the arch=x86_64 flag in com.apple.boot.plist -- by default, the system boots in 64).

good luck.

Just registered to thank you guys for all the help. Updated my system to 10.6.5 with everything seeming to work just fine.

Only thing, my 8GB flash drive doesn't seem to pick up on my rig. I know for sure that USB is working (and those ports in particular) cause mouse/keyboard/speakers are working just fine. Tried the drive on my MacBook and it works as well.

Any suggestions on a fix or what it could be?

phenom7 said:
Just registered to thank you guys for all the help. Updated my system to 10.6.5 with everything seeming to work just fine.

Only thing, my 8GB flash drive doesn't seem to pick up on my rig. I know for sure that USB is working (and those ports in particular) cause mouse/keyboard/speakers are working just fine. Tried the drive on my MacBook and it works as well.

did the 8gb drive show up in disk utility? what's the partition on it?

phenom7 said:

Nope doesn't show up in Disk Utility. Tried formatting it as exFAT on my MacBook but doesn't recognize on the Hackintosh.

phenom7 said:
phenom7 said:

Nope doesn't show up in Disk Utility. Tried formatting it as exFAT on my MacBook but doesn't recognize on the Hackintosh.
was it plugged in the USB port on the front of the case or directly in the back on the motherboard? sometimes there's not enough power to enable the drive though it happens more for USB-powered mini drives.

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    19.9 KB · Views: 127
I owe a lot to Tonymac and this community so here's my feedback :

Specs : Dell Vostro 3400 Core i5 using custom DSDT.aml file.

Updated to 10.6.5 only to be greeted with a KP on reboot. Looked at the KP and noticed that sleepenabler.kext was causing it.

Managed to boot it up with a custom iBoot cd and deleted the sleepenabler.kext and ran kext util to rebuild kext caches.

Rebooted fine but noticed that Voodoo battery was no longer functioning and i had no sound.

Rolled back AppleHDA and installed the sleepenabler 10.6.5 that was posted in this thread and everything is working just like before including voodoo battery :)

Thanks,

Adi

OK I replaced the DSDT with clean one and I am logged in again. All this because I used the Apple updater, wont happen again.
Only thing left to check is if sleep is enabled properly, usb and sound (yay! sound) all working fine.
Thanks Tony and the rest of you gurus and guruets.

Edit: Need to find a SleepEnable.kext for 10.6.5 and I am good to go, it looks like the GT9800 is working better it appears to be syncing properly no tearing, yet anyway.

edited

The sleepEnabler on the Dutch site work in 32but mode at least, the video tearing is still there however, but i am back to where I was before the update, but with 10.6.5 yay!

dh22r said:
phenom7 said:
phenom7 said:

was it plugged in the USB port on the front of the case or directly in the back on the motherboard? sometimes there's not enough power to enable the drive though it happens more for USB-powered mini drives.

I have the same problem
most of my USB device can access to mac.
I can see and manage : mouse, keyboard, iPhone, BT doungle in any USB ports.
but I can not read diskonkey in any ports.
I try to change several of diskonkeys - nothing
also it can not been seen by Disk Utility,
also in systems pro-filer I can see all USB devices but not the flash.

I try to use Multybeast with several kexts - nothing.

any idea please ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back