Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.6.5 Update - The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything worked for me after the update except graphics (GT 220). I was getting 14.7 in cinebench...after the update, it was 3.8. I forgot to edit the AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext/Contents/Info.plist:

MacPro4,1 section and change
Vendor10deDevice05e2 to Vendor10deDevice0a20

The 0a20 part is for a GT 220,

Details at:
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1010704

After fixing this, I am getting 16.6 in cinebench.

Straasha said:
Everything worked for me after the update except graphics (GT 220). I was getting 14.7 in cinebench...after the update, it was 3.8. I forgot to edit the AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext/Contents/Info.plist:

MacPro4,1 section and change
Vendor10deDevice05e2 to Vendor10deDevice0a20

The 0a20 part is for a GT 220,

Details at:
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1010704

After fixing this, I am getting 16.6 in cinebench.

Nice info... This is really applicable to all NVIDIA Cards? I'm using 9800GT...

UPDATE: Tried already... It really has a lot of graphic improvement...
OpenGL: From 8.31 to 28.78.. Weeee... :)

I just finished installing 10.6.5 and followed the directions for using the old sound AppleHDA 10.6.2 rollback kexts files. This worked flawlessly. I encountered one problem with duel displays. I found that one of my displays was in a continuous on/off/blurry cycle. I set the display to a different resolution and then reverted back to my original settings and it is now working.
Thanks,

darkdig said:
updated to 10.6.5 USB bluetooth dongle stopped working. Not sure why because all my other USB devices still work

Dongle gets detected in system profiler too.

My wireless mouse's receiver, technically a dongle, fails to function after the update. I have to do a quick unplug/plugin and it works fine, even after sleep. I did not have any problems with any of the developer's builds of 10.6.5. All other USB/devices work fine. :confused:

with the advice to perform the update works fine

thanks

I ran the Combo update but I couldn't get a successful normal boot. Put my machine into Safe Boot, deleted /Extra and ran CustomBeast again. Everything works great now.

beelzebozo said:
tonymacx86 said:
SleepEnabler kexts are version specific- if you have one installed- remove it before updating. :idea:

Here is sleepenabler5 for 10.6.5

http://www.kexts.com/view/591-sleepenabler.kext.html

So yeah, if you are using sleepenabler4.kext, delete it before running the software update and install this one afterward.

This version does not work for me. Guess have to wait for the working version - until then will just do without sleepenabler ...

Finally pulled my balls together and Updated to 10.6.5
Haha...

Here's my contribution and what process I did:
- Download 10.6.5 Combo Update (I prefer this one rather than the SoftwareUpdate)
- Delete Extra Folder
- Launch MultiBeast but don't let the installer run
- Launch and install Mac OS X v10.6.5 Update (Combo), but don't click restart when it completes
- Run MultiBeast using the usual options. (don't forget the DSDT file)

- Working well so far, same as before...
- GeekBench same Result.

I'll be running it the usual and report if i'll recieve some errors... :D

longtom said:
longtom said:
Sleep not working after update, any solutions?

More precise: wakeup doesn't work.

Have you redone the AppleHDA 10.6.2 rollback yet? After I reinstalled mine (through Multibeast and via a kernel panic) sleep worked again. Touch wood.

So, now it's working w/o Audio rollback. :)
I had the LegacyALC888bHDA.kext in my /E/E but w/o rollback so sleep/wakeup was not working!
After removing 888 kext in /E/E it works with Vanilla 10.6.5 update (Thanks to external USB soundcard).

Now i have only fakesmc in /E/E and full Vanilla S/L/E. :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back