Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.6.5 Update - The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, guys after much trial and error, got the P55M-UD2 build up and running with RC5 and 10.6.5, now for all you gurus... I want enable my second graphics card so that I can span my screen against 5 monitors any advice, I know its a DSDT tried looking all over, but if Tony or Macman, or anyone can help me out please do so. My DSDT is from Tony's dbase. Sleep works, heck the 2nd GFX card gets detected but only 1MB, instead of 1GB..

Please help....I need multiple monitors completed soon....thanks so much.

I've attached the pictures of my system profiler.Screen shot 2010-11-11 at 3.12.02 PM.pngScreen shot 2010-11-11 at 3.12.15 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-11-11 at 3.12.02 PM.png
    Screen shot 2010-11-11 at 3.12.02 PM.png
    107.7 KB · Views: 177
  • Screen shot 2010-11-11 at 3.12.15 PM.png
    Screen shot 2010-11-11 at 3.12.15 PM.png
    94.5 KB · Views: 154
I got a kernel panic along the lines of:

multiple dependencies
com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform
com.apple.iokit.IOACPIFamily
com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily

backtrace...

any advice? It booted perfectly after the update, it's only after I restarted again when this happens, I can't boot into single user mode etc.

rafacq said:
zcreem said:
I have a kernel panic message

Version mismatch between CPU and whatever I screwed up changing the machine type in the plist settings of the boot, I have access to the drive through windows any ideas how to fix this one.

I also have a KP screen after installing 10.6.5 from Software Update. Bad thing is, I cannot get iBoot to do a fresh install when I insert my original 10.6.3 disk!

The screen says manic (cpu - caller 0x2ab790): "Version mis-match between Kernel and CPU PM... and it keeps going!

Try delete sleepenabler.kext in other system where osx is running! Good luck

tonymacx86 said:
Anyone who's been having USB issues after upgrading- and still cannot get functionality with iBoot 2.5, I've just released iBoot 2.5.1 with Vanilla 10.5.0 kernel, and updated USB fixes. Hope this helps! :D

Public/iBoot.zip

New iBoot still gave me the black screen of death mentioned earlier in this thread. Currently wiping HD and starting new.

longtom said:
Sleep not working after update, any solutions?

Download and install sleepenabler.kext 10.6.5. Good luck

Ok, so I haven't noticed any problems with this yet (including with CS5 apps), but ever since the 10.6.5 update I'm getting the CUDA update message. Problem is when I go to update, it tells me I have the most current driver. Is Nvidia just late with the new version?

Also had to reinstall the audio rollback, but otherwise there were zero problems with this update.

MBP and S12 (with an appropriate solution for Atom) upgraded OK.
Leaving the i5 rig for the weekend :)

New member here, just wanted to report a successful update here via software update! All I had to do was the 10.6.2 audio rollback with multibeast 2.4. Awesome.

And I just made my small contribution to the effort :)

I made the mistake of updating last night using Apple's auto update. Shut down the system for the night, woke up this morning and was greeted by a kernel panic.

Unfortunately I also made the stupid mistake of not realizing that my Time Machine HD had stopped backing up in July 2010.

I am up and running with an external drive that has 10.6.4 loaded onto it. Can anyone suggest a way for me to get back to square one and fix the internal drive that has 10.6.5 loaded onto it?

I appreciate any assistance and thank you very much.

EX58-UD5
i7-920
GTS 250

guspase said:
longtom said:
Sleep not working after update, any solutions?

You just need to reinstall the DSDT and update and clear the cache, use multibeast 2.4 and reboot...good to go.

Download and install sleepenabler.kext 10.6.5. Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back