Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.6.4 Update - The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
hacku said:
Shiggitay, is your graphics card working? especially 3d performance like in cinebench or in games. my gts250 is working but with very poor 3d performance.
I have read that some people have this issue too.

I've not benchmarked or tested it in anyway. I get the water ripple effect in Dashboard, so I know that's working and is accelerated. I'll run CineBench and play a game like Steam's Portal and report back.

EDIT:

CineBench Scores:
CPU: 3.64 points
OpenGL: 22.90 fps

I dunno if that's good or not, but the test ran pretty smooth.

Shiggitay said:
I've not benchmarked or tested it in anyway. I get the water ripple effect in Dashboard, so I know that's working and is accelerated. I'll run CineBench and play a game like Steam's Portal and report back.

Okay that would be nice. On my machine the ripple effect works to, I also tested the opencl galaxies demo from apple (http://developer.apple.com/mac/libr...dy_Simulation_Example/Introduction/Intro.html) and it's working too. but as mentioned earlier, with pretty poor performance (worked a lot better with 10.6.3).

Hm, your opengl results are looking okay. I'm stuck at 7.61 fps which was 29.31 fps with 10.6.3. that's weird because i've got nearly the same graphics card as you. did you do any special things after the update?

hacku said:
Hm, your opengl results are looking okay. I'm stuck at 7.61 fps which was 29.31 fps with 10.6.3. that's weird because i've got nearly the same graphics card as you. did you do any special things after the update?

Not that I know of... I used retail 10.6 and iBoot, and then I started to tweak it to get sleep and stuff working. What I find odd, is that CineBench IDs my GTS 250 properly, whereas the OS does not. What the f*ck is that? lol

I have a Dell 755 with ADI1984 Sound
Sound was fine on 10.6.3 now going to 10.6.4 I have no sound.
Ive tried reloading the KEXT but with no luck

I have tried going back to 10.6.2 and the AppleHDA.kext

Shiggitay said:
hacku said:
Shiggitay, is your graphics card working? especially 3d performance like in cinebench or in games. my gts250 is working but with very poor 3d performance.
I have read that some people have this issue too.

EDIT:

CineBench Scores:
CPU: 3.64 points
OpenGL: 22.90 fps

I dunno if that's good or not, but the test ran pretty smooth.

Portal runs quite well. I've maxed out the settings.

Heyyo,

Upgraded flawlessly here from 10.6.3 retail from the apple software update I hit "Install and Restart" and she did just that. I'm of course using iBoot 2.0 Supported to install and MultiBeast 2.0 with EasyBeast supported.

Processor:
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.6GHz (Using Coolit Domino ALC)
Memory:
8GB (4x2GB) DDR3 1066MHz OCZ Platinum CL 8-8-8-24 (Triple Channel)
Hard Drive:
4 Seagate 320GB SATAII HDD's in RAID 0
Video Card:
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260
Monitor:
LG 22" Widescreen L226WTQ(Digital)
Sound Card:
Asus Xonar DX (PCI-E)
Speakers/Headphones:
Antec Lansing 2.1 Speakers
Keyboard:
Logitech G15 Keyboard
Mouse:
Razer DeathAdder Mouse
Mouse Surface:
Razer Destructor
Operating System:
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_rtm.090713-1255)
Motherboard:
Asus P6T
Computer Case:
Thermaltake Armor (Silver)

Also it seems that trim function for ssd is coming as my macbook identified my intel ssd as solid state but did not have trim on. We will see.
My hackintosh identifies my ocz ssd as rotational, so I will have to figure out how to make Snow identify it as ssd, and how to enable trim....
Look at my attached photos

Attachments

• ssd.tiff
    185.7 KB · Views: 258
  • ssdmacbook.tiff
    159.8 KB · Views: 272
Hi,

I upgraded from 10.6.2 to 10.6.4 on my test boot drive and everything seems to be working including audio. I used the UserDSDT option in MultiBeast 2.0 and the DSDT for bios F10 from the tonymacx86 database for a P55A-UD3P. For audio the Legacy889HDA.kext from MultiBeast 2.0 worked.

I was all prepared for an intense session to get everything working but the tonymac crew made it a peice of cake.

Thanks guys!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back