Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.6.3 Update - The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there anyway I can get in on the beta also? It's funny, but after messing around a bit more, I'm getting the same problem with my GTX 260 being identified as a Radeon 48xx card, and displaying only at 1024x768.

tonymacx86 said:
Hi Chanelius- long time no see! Delete your /Extra folder and use what's in my signature under MY EFI. You'll get sound back. ;) There's a new LegacyHDA and DSDT for the UD2 available. Also, update to F8 if you haven't already.
Hey Tony! It is nice to see you still helping so many people!
Followed all you recommendations. Updated to F8, replaced boot, dsdt and /extra with new versions from "MY EFI"-package. Now I have kernel panic most likely due to my ATI 4870. I will try to use atiwith48xx iBoot and see what happen.

^ i have a 4870 and using GraphicsEnabler=yes in the boot plist has never given me problems.

ZOleg i cant find "P001@0" but "CPU0@1" below gives me similar properties

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-03-31 at 7.32.24 PM.png
    Screen shot 2010-03-31 at 7.32.24 PM.png
    135.1 KB · Views: 196
Hi - went ahead and updated. No probs except the orange drives. The audio fix from the blog post didn't work for me - but then it didn't for me under 10.6.2 either. But re-doing what I did before worked fine: installing patched AppleHDA.kext and HDAEnabler.ktext for ALC888.

Still can't wake from sleep though. Haven't tried the new SleepEnabler yet: wasn't using that before, tried to just use the appropriate DSDT.aml from Multibeast plus deleting the NullCPU kext...

But 10.6.3's all fine and good.

Cheers
Rob

Tony,

Thanks for the beta. My apologies for being so desperate. You've done us all a great service.

All attempts after clean install 10.6 then 10.6.3 Combo update to 35GB partition on 1.5TB drive

First attempt
Installed GigaBeast. Got an error on the Realtek kext. Manually installed it. Restarted. No video. Was able to see it on the network, though only the install partition was visible.
Tried starting in safe both from partition and iBoot CD.

Herb said:
Tony,

Thanks for the beta. My apologies for being so desperate. You've done us all a great service.

All attempts after clean install 10.6 then 10.6.3 Combo update to 35GB partition on 1.5TB drive

First attempt
Installed GigaBeast. Got an error on the Realtek kext. Manually installed it. Restarted. No video. Was able to see it on the network, though only the install partition was visible.
Tried starting in safe both from partition and iBoot CD.

No problem Herb- let's move your particular trials and tribulations with the beta into your other thread ok? ;) Glad it's helping!

Uh... which thread? Sorry...

Hello,

Do you know if the modified 10.6.3 kernel (for use with core i3) is available and where?

thanks.

Commented on this in Tony's blog but I found that unchecking "Allow power button to put the computer to sleep" fixed my usb wake issue, not had a problem since. Should mention that I utilize a modified Tony DSDT file for speedstep, sleep, graphics etc. Hope this helps :thumbup:

metalchaos said:
Hello,

Do you know if the modified 10.6.3 kernel (for use with core i3) is available and where?

thanks.
Check out this thread- it says Atom- but I'm sure it's patched like the other ones. Report your success/failure- I'd like to include it in the next MultiBeast.

:mrgreen: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/lofive ... 97020.html :mrgreen:

cbooty said:
Commented on this in Tony's blog but I found that unchecking "Allow power button to put the computer to sleep" fixed my usb wake issue, not had a problem since. Should mention that I utilize a modified Tony DSDT file for speedstep, sleep, graphics etc. Hope this helps :thumbup:

Thanks cbooty- this is good info. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back