Register

Mac OS Catalina does not recognize any internal SATA Connections

Motherboard
ASUS P6T SE
CPU
i7-950
Graphics
GTX 1060
Hey, I run into a issue when booting into the Mac OS Catalina Installer it won't show me any internal SATA Connections only USB Connections and if I use an SATA to USB Adapter the HardDrive shows up and installation completes with no Errors, but if I plug the HardDrive back in it Bots HalfWay and then it comes up with a prohibited sign and in the -v Boot mode it will freeze at the Reading the APFS FileSystem and after 30 seconds it will show the prohibited sign even after i installed the 3dParty SATA Driver.
I don't now what to do pls Help.

My Specs:
ASUS P6T SE Motherboard
Intel Core I7 @ 950 3.07 Ghz CPU
16 GB DDR3 RAM
NVIDIA GTX 1060 5GB GPU
1TB SAMSUNG SSD

Hey, I run into a issue when booting into the Mac OS Catalina Installer it won't show me any internal SATA Connections only USB Connections and if I use an SATA to USB Adapter the HardDrive shows up and installation completes with no Errors, but if I plug the HardDrive back in it Bots HalfWay and then it comes up with a prohibited sign and in the -v Boot mode it will freeze at the Reading the APFS FileSystem and after 30 seconds it will show the prohibited sign even after i installed the 3dParty SATA Driver.
I don't now what to do pls Help.

My Specs:
ASUS P6T SE Motherboard
Intel Core I7 @ 950 3.07 Ghz CPU
16 GB DDR3 RAM
NVIDIA GTX 1060 5GB GPU
1TB SAMSUNG SSD
also your nvidia card is not supported, you will have to replace it with a compatible AMD card

also your nvidia card is not supported, you will have to replace it with a compatible AMD card

Hey yeah about that I basically had to switch the controller from IDE to AHCI and now it recognizes it just fine but thanks anyway

Hey yeah about that I basically had to switch the controller from IDE to AHCI and now it recognizes it just fine but thanks anyway
yes, having correct BIOS settings helps

also using compatible hardware will also help

You need to install IOATA kext

Back