Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS Prime H270M-Plus
CPU
i5-6400
Graphics
Vega 56
I have dual boot High Sierra and Win10, today I decided to upgrade to Catalina, so I followed this guide, but after downloading Catalina(done updating clover) I decide to unplug Win10 ssd in case corrupting it during the process. But after shutting down and unplug win10 ssd, I couldn't find my Mac drive I used to have in clover.
Could really use some help...
Thanks in advance.

The folder structure has changed in the newer versions of Clover.
Make sure that you have all of your required drivers in their new location.

The folder structure has changed in the newer versions of Clover.
Make sure that you have all of your required drivers in their new location.
Sorry, I am fairly new to hackintosh, what drivers would I need to move?

Sorry, I am fairly new to hackintosh, what drivers would I need to move?
You don't need to move them - There are new drivers that do the same job (new name anyway).
Look in your old drivers location then use the Clover installer to install the equivalent drivers in the new location.
Note that Catalina requires the disk to be formatted as APFS so you must install apfs.efi or ApfsDriverLoader.efi.
Alternatively you can install them with Clover Configurator.
As you cannot boot you may need to do this on a USB flash drive and then boot from it.

Last edited:
You don't need to move them - There are new drivers that do the same job (new name anyway).
Look in your old drivers location then use the Clover installer to install the equivalent drivers in the new location.
Alternatively you can install them with Clover Configurator.
As you cannot boot you may need to do this on a USB flash drive and then boot from it.
Cause I can't access my mac now, could I use windows to do it?

Cause I can't access my mac now, could I use windows to do it?

Restore your backup, update Clover correctly then update the OS to Catalina.
If you do not have a backup then your data is not important and you can just make a fresh install of Catalina.

you need to copy the
ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi to the EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI
you can copy it in windows as well
mountvol b: /s
where b: is a drive letter of your choosing. You can remove the mapping with:
mountvol b: /d

You still need to launch explorer.exe with administrative privileges in order to see the mountpoint (kill explorer.exe, then launch one from an elevated command prompt)

Attachments

• ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi
    21.4 KB · Views: 97
you need to copy the ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi to the EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI
As per the thread title Clover has been updated so EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI is no longer a valid path.
Likewise ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi is now ApfsDriverLoader.efi.

As per the thread title Clover has been updated so EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI is no longer a valid path.
Likewise ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi is now ApfsDriverLoader.efi.
So is there a new path to copy to in the new version of clover? Also the newer edition of ApfsDriverLoader.efi?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back