Contribute
Register

Mac App Store: "An unknown error has occurred"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Success, ended up reinstalling multibeast and using a different ethernet driver... appleintelethernet1000 somethin lol

I've seen this many times before. It turned out (For me at least!) the problem was caused by OSX installation assigning en0 to airport/wireless and en1 to ethernet.

It must be en0 -> ethernet, then it works fine.

Maybe some OSX peculiarity of some sort, but not sure exactly what.

I have Snow Leopard (10.6.8) and I want to upgrade to Mountain Lion but I can't log in the Mac App Store. It only says "An unknown error occurred", it doesn't say any number like "An unknown error occurred (100)" and I can log in the iTunes Store without any problem.

I have tried a lot of things except PCIRootUID=1 because my computer freezes on the apple logo. Help me please!

NOTE: I have a wifi adapter which is detected as an Airport Card. I don't use Ethernet.

MilanoAzul

You should read the posts in this link as I think you will find your answer their - start at the begining of that post.
http://legacy.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=169&t=33177&start=10

I have had this issue on my hack too .. what I have had to do is to re-organise what I see in the Network section - make sure your first network connection is the ethernet even if not connected - then your wireless.

The APP store checks for an onboard network

Also you may need to provide a serial number in you SMBios.plist - suggest you get Kext WIzzard for this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back