Contribute
Register

Mac App Store access with NullEthernet.kext

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I have to use the DSDT method as I have no ethernet device.

Okay, thanks for your elaboration, you're really a nice professor! I even not add the ethernet built in boot flag now. I just tried with the correct IOPCIMatch id, but it still failed. And I can see the error log in system.log:

Aug 24 09:52:36 gxwcxl2010deMacBook-Air.local sudo[380]: gxwcxl2010 : TTY=ttys000 ; PWD=/System/Library/Extensions/NullEthernetInjector.kext/Contents ; USER=root ; COMMAND=/usr/bin/vi Info.plist
Aug 24 09:52:36 gxwcxl2010deMacBook-Air.local com.apple.kextd[12]: WARNING - Invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/NullEthernet.kext"
Aug 24 09:52:57 gxwcxl2010deMacBook-Air.local sudo[384]: gxwcxl2010 : TTY=ttys000 ; PWD=/System/Library/Extensions/NullEthernetInjector.kext/Contents ; USER=root ; COMMAND=/usr/bin/vi Info.plist
Aug 24 10:38:27 gxwcxl2010deMacBook-Air.local com.apple.kextd[12]: WARNING - Invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/NullEthernet.kext"

View attachment 102557
I used KextBeast to install them. So I don't understand why this happened.

Thanks.

I use Kext Wizard... I think it is better about setting correct permissions. You could also repair permissions (Disk Utility) and rebuild cache (DPCIManager).

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe I have to use the DSDT method as I have no ethernet device.

That would be the recommended way.

Hi RehabMan,

Now i have used the DSDT path method, I can see the Ethernet in the System preferences->Network and I set the service oder to make the Ethernet in the top and also I can see Nullethernet.kext was loaded in IORegistryExplorer. And I added EthernetBuiltIn=Yes to boot flag. But I still have the app store access issue. Could you help me?

Screen Shot 2014-08-28 at 1.50.52 AM.png
Screen Shot 2014-08-28 at 1.51.19 AM.png
Screen Shot 2014-08-28 at 1.51.36 AM.png
Screen Shot 2014-08-28 at 1.52.34 AM.png

Thanks!

Hi RehabMan,

Now i have used the DSDT path method, I can see the Ethernet in the System preferences->Network and I set the service oder to make the Ethernet in the top and also I can see Nullethernet.kext was loaded in IORegistryExplorer. And I added EthernetBuiltIn=Yes to boot flag. But I still have the app store access issue. Could you help me?

View attachment 102804
View attachment 102805
View attachment 102806
View attachment 102807

Thanks!

----------------------------------------------

Just delete the NetworkInterfaces.plist and delete all the device in the network preference panel, and it works after reset and add the device back!
Thanks for your nice contribution!

and I set the service oder to make the Ethernet in the top...

As you found out, order does not determine en0, en1, etc.

For anyone else reading this, make sure you follow all procedures in the README.

Hello RehabMan,

This will be a long post, so bear with me please. Here's some background

My mobo has an really unsopported Marvell 88e8057 that I managed to get detected from Lion to Mavericks using a modified AppleYukon2.kext edited with the PCI ID and although I couldn't use it, It was detected as en0. In fact, I had to even remove it from the interfaces in Network Configuration because it generated many errors on the console. Even that way I had MAS access, even iMessage and Facetime.

I use a TP-Link TL-WDN4800 PCIe wifi card detected as Airport OOTB for internet access. I can even set up FMM.

Yesterday I upgraded to Yosemite and replaced IONetworkingFamily.kext and it didn't work. I tried many versions and even just replacing AppleYukon2 from the Yosemite's IONetworking kext. No avail. I finally found your kext and tried with the injector and the patch, no avail. I finally booted into windows, and guess what? The Marvell adapter is missing!!!!!!!

Now my questions:

1. Does that means my marvell chip is fried???? I triplechecked on the BIOS, it's enabled. The whole time that lan chip was unused even on OSX, because of the errors, I deleted the interface. I use wifi all the time.
2. Can I use the injector with the details of the WiFi card?? (PCI ID and MAC address).
3. If no.2 is affirmative, Does this affect the use of my WiFi card????
4. If I use the injector, do I need to patch my DSDT???
5. There are 2 DSDT patches, one is to add a dummy device and the other is on the actual location of the LAN card. Because it's not detected anymore, that's not an option. Am I correct???
6. More important, Does this work on Yosemite???????

Thanks in advance for reading this. You are awesome!

Cheers!

Hello RehabMan,

This will be a long post, so bear with me please. Here's some background

My mobo has an really unsopported Marvell 88e8057 that I managed to get detected from Lion to Mavericks using a modified AppleYukon2.kext edited with the PCI ID and although I couldn't use it, It was detected as en0. In fact, I had to even remove it from the interfaces in Network Configuration because it generated many errors on the console. Even that way I had MAS access, even iMessage and Facetime.

I use a TP-Link TL-WDN4800 PCIe wifi card detected as Airport OOTB for internet access. I can even set up FMM.

Yesterday I upgraded to Yosemite and replaced IONetworkingFamily.kext and it didn't work. I tried many versions and even just replacing AppleYukon2 from the Yosemite's IONetworking kext. No avail. I finally found your kext and tried with the injector and the patch, no avail. I finally booted into windows, and guess what? The Marvell adapter is missing!!!!!!!

Now my questions:

1. Does that means my marvell chip is fried???? I triplechecked on the BIOS, it's enabled. The whole time that lan chip was unused even on OSX, because of the errors, I deleted the interface. I use wifi all the time.
2. Can I use the injector with the details of the WiFi card?? (PCI ID and MAC address).
3. If no.2 is affirmative, Does this affect the use of my WiFi card????
4. If I use the injector, do I need to patch my DSDT???
5. There are 2 DSDT patches, one is to add a dummy device and the other is on the actual location of the LAN card. Because it's not detected anymore, that's not an option. Am I correct???
6. More important, Does this work on Yosemite???????

Thanks in advance for reading this. You are awesome!

Cheers!

You should check to see if the chip is on the PCI bus. 'lspci -nn' in Linux or DPCIManager on OSX. You can use the injector with the IDs from your non-functional Ethernet, not your WiFi. You could also use the DSDT patch (or SSDT) if your chip is fried.

I have not tested on Yosemite, but there is no reason to believe it won't work.

You should check to see if the chip is on the PCI bus. 'lspci -nn' in Linux or DPCIManager on OSX. You can use the injector with the IDs from your non-functional Ethernet, not your WiFi. You could also use the DSDT patch (or SSDT) if your chip is fried.

I have not tested on Yosemite, but there is no reason to believe it won't work.

If the Marvel LAN is indeed fried, can I use the injector with the PCI ID of the WiFi card???

Or it's advisable to use the DSDT patch and get it over with it???

Cheers!

If the Marvel LAN is indeed fried, can I use the injector with the PCI ID of the WiFi card???

No. Your WiFi has to attach to the WiFi drivers.

Or it's advisable to use the DSDT patch and get it over with it???

DSDT patch or SSDT, your choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back